Your Ultimate Guide For The Best Hoverboards Under $200
Whether you are looking for a new form of entertainment or you are just having a harder getting around, there is no better option than the hoverboard. These devices will get you going where you need to go and they’ll do it in style. This futuristic and fun mode of transportation has exploded over the last several years. It is likely that you have seen everyone from kids to older individuals utilizing these devices in parks, around campus, and up and down the streets.
The good thing about the popularity explosion is the price reduction that followed. Now, most hoverboards aren’t outrageously priced. This doesn’t mean that they still won’t put a dent in your pocket, but they are nowhere near what they were when they first came on the market. In fact, in today’s time, you can find a quality, reliable self-balancing scooter under 200. That’s right, for as little as 200, you can join in on this futuristic and fun mode of transportation. Maybe you are looking for one for the kids. Whatever the situation is, you can’t go wrong with top-rated hoverboards under $200. Of course, the only problem is finding the right board. Luckily, that is where this guide will come in handy.
1. TOMOLOO Hoverboard With LED Lights
It is hard not to gasp or lose your breath when you lay eyes on the TOMOLOO Hoverboard. And, this is all because of the impressive LED light system. Besides that, you need to know that this model here was specifically designed for children, as it only supports a max weight of 125 pounds. It comes available in a variety of unique color options so you won’t have a problem finding one to suit your child’s needs.
- ※Get Free Hoverboad Bag---Just contact seller when you received the hoverboard.
- √UL2272 Certified & Approved by CPSC --- Guaranteed quality and safety.
Advanced Mainboard Program
Safety was a major consideration during the development of this device. Unfortunately, this is not something that can be said about a lot of under $200 hoverboard models. However, that certainly won’t be the case with this one. This specific model here includes one of the most advanced mainboard programs on the market. This program will ensure that your child has full stability at all times while enjoying the device.
This model also features new and updated tires that are more than impressive. This is where the LED lights are installed and they will randomly switch colors. They will switch between 4 different unique colors. While these lights are futuristic and look great, they can come in handy when your child is on the road. You’ll always have a piece of mind knowing that drivers will be well aware of your children.
- A sleek and compact design
- LED lights are beautiful and make your child’s presence known
- Includes the most advanced mainboard program for complete stability
- Only support a max of 125 pounds, which is more than enough for average children
The next up on the list is the LIEAGLE. This model is just as equally impressive as the previous model with is LED lights and all. However, the lighting system is a bit different with this model. Instead of just being located on the outer edges of the wheel, the entire rim is covered with lights on this model. This model was always specifically designed for the beginner so learning to balance and stabilize the device won’t be a problem.
- EASY TO USE & STABLE CONTROL: The Hoverboard specially designed for the beginners & amateurs, easy to learn and maintain balance. It can go straight, make a turn and rotate for 360 degrees locally, and is operated at will! Powerful 160W brushless motors provides an awesome hover board riding experience.It no bluetooth.
- SAFTY GUARANTEED & PLAY IT AT EASE: Hoverboard has passed UL2272 certification. The pedal is designed to be Non-slip(anti-skid), users will not feel very tired after long-term use.
A Powerful Motor
Motors are without a doubt the biggest concern when buying any piece of machinery. The motor is the driving force behind the device and if it isn’t adequate, the device won’t hold up or it won’t last nearly as long as it should. Luckily, that is something that you won’t have to worry about when you invest in this model. This specific model comes with a powerful 200W brushless motor that could be in a class all on its own.
- Specifically designed with safety in mind
- A powerful 200W brushless motor
- The beautiful LED light makes your presence known
- Really only intended for children
If you are looking for a hoverboard that takes things to a whole new level, look no further than the XPRIT Hoverboard. This bad boy not only comes available in a variety of unique colors, but it boasts a maximum speed of up to six miles per hour. And, the best part is that you can travel at these speeds for 45 to 75 minutes on a full single charged battery.
- Max speed: 6mph; last about 45-75 mins
- Battery Charge Time: 2-3 hours until fully charged
Wireless Built-In Bluetooth Speaker
You can clearly see that this scooter is already impressive in its own right, but what really takes it to the next level is the Bluetooth technology. This device includes a built-in wireless Bluetooth speaker that can be paired up with your phone. You’ll child will be able to enjoy his or her favorite tunes while they roll down the road.
- Wireless Bluetooth technology
- 6 miles per hour top speeds
- Runs 45 to 75 minutes
- Self-balancing technology that makes this model great for learners and beginners
- Take two to three hours to fully charge the battery
4. Swagtron App-Enabled Bluetooth Hoverboard
With a name like Swagtron, you’d better believe that this device brings it. It offers a powerful motor that can produce a speed of up to nearly 8 miles per hour. Not only this, but it plays music while you are riding via the app and speakers. Not only does this bad boy travel nearly 8 miles per hour, but it is capable of handling 30-degree inclines thanks to the dual 200W motors on each wheel.
- BLUETOOTH ENABLED – Change modes, access map function, check batteries, And play music during rides via the app And speakers
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE -Race up to 7. 5 mph and climb inclines of up to 30 Degree with the electric smart hover board's 200W dual motors
For All Riders
This model might just be available in black and red, but it was designed for people of all ages. Whether you are old, young, or in between, if you weigh less than 220 pounds, you can enjoy this device and everything that it has to offer. The device offers 3 modes and it will have to be adjusted before use.
Power Lithium-Ion Batteries
The Swagtron also comes with powerful Lithium-Ion batteries that are capable of providing anywhere from two to three hours of operation on a fully charged battery. This should be plenty to get you back and forth or give your child a chance to wear themselves out.
- Powerful Lithium-Ion batteries
- Designed for riders of all ages, choose between the three modes
- Powerful speeds of up to 8 miles per hour
- Going at top speeds will drain the battery much faster
5. City Cruiser Scooter Hoverboard
With impressive 6.5-inch wheels, the City Cruiser provides the stability and features that you need for a smooth and safe ride. You combine this with the fact that the device has passed every electrical safety test there is, and you are really looking at one of the safest hoverboards on the market.
- SAFETY: CITY CRUISER 6.5 Inch hoverboard rubber tires deliver increased durability and ensure smooth rides. All hoverboards have passed strict electrical test and meet UL2272 standards to ensure safety. Consumer's safety is our top priority.
- BLUETOOTH LINK:High quality bluetooth music speaker,The CITYCRUISER sports a built in branded high quality speaker that allows you to enjoy music while you ride.
This model also includes an impressive built-in speaker so that you can enjoy your favorite music while riding, but the most impressive part is the Bluetooth technology. The speaker can easily and quickly be paired up with your phone or other Bluetooth devices. Couple this with the balancing technology and safety features, and you’ll be able to enjoy one of the smoothest and safest rides around.
- High-intensity RGB LED illuminated lights on the wheels
- Impressive 6.5-inch all-terrain wheels offer better grip and more stability
- High-quality Bluetooth speaker built-in
- Exceeds all the safety tests
- Choose from 4 distinctive colors
- Only designed for children
- LED lights and speaker will drain the battery much faster
If you are like most adults, you’ll probably remember first seeing the hoverboard in a little movie called Back to the Future. While today’s models are slightly different, they operate on the same theories and premises. What used to be a futuristic means of transportation is now an entertaining reality. Men, women, children, and seniors of all ages can enjoy these wonderful devices. Not only are these devices more widespread than, but they are more affordable. A family with an average income can easily afford one of these devices. That being said, if you are going to make the splurge, you’ll want to make sure that you are doing it as an informed consumer. This guide will help with that.
Consider The Type
While you are out there perusing the market, you’ll find that these devices come available in two distinctive styles. This would be the board and the AirWheel styles. As far as operation goes, they are pretty similar, but when it comes to control and appearance, they are on different wavelengths. The board is a model that is somewhat reminiscent of a skateboard, hence the name. It features wheels on each side and hinge in the center. To use the device all you have to do is step on the sensors and lean you can lean forward to go forward or backward to go in reverse. You can also lean to the sides for rotation purposes. Applying more pressure means that your speed up and applying less pressure will cause you to decelerate.
The other model is known as the wheel or AirWheel. The major difference here is that the wheels on this device are actually located in the middle. It is somewhat like a unicycle. Using this model is a bit more difficult and probably more suitable for amateur or experienced riders. With this model, you’ll have to move your entire body to change directions.
Wheel Size Matters
Not only is the design of the device going to affect how you ride, but the wheels are going to affect the overall experience as well. Not only this, but the wheels will actually affect where you are able to go. Some wheels might give you the ability to ride in grass and dirt, whereas some will keep you confined to the sidewalks and pavement. That being said, most of the generic boards on today’s market will include wheel around 6.5 to 7 inches. However, some of the newer models offer wheels that range anywhere from 8 to 10.5 inches. It is probably obvious that the bigger the wheels, the stability you’ll have overall.
Bigger wheels will also make it much easier to get back to the standing position and stabilize yourself after hitting a hole or rock because this is a real possibility. airwheel models are known for offering bigger wheels, which gives the all-round more stability.
Consider The Maximum Weight
Another major thing that you’ll have to consider when shopping is the weight limit of the device. Are you shopping for a child? Are you looking for a model for yourself? Whatever the situation is, you’ll want to make sure that you choose a device that can handle your specific needs. Your best bet is probably to buy a model that can accommodate you and your children. This will give everyone the benefit of enjoying it. In addition to this, you’ll need to consider the weight of the board itself. There might be times when you have to carry the board, and you don’t want to have to lug around 10 or 20 pounds for miles.
Speed And Battery Life
All these models operate on batteries as well as offer different speeds. It probably goes without saying that the faster you go, the faster you are going to drain the batteries. Of course, this won’t be much of a problem if you choose a model that offers long-lasting and powerful batteries. Look for models that include Lithium-Ion batteries. You’ll also want to consider the charge time of the batteries because you do not want to be sitting around forever waiting on the charger.
How do you ride a hoverboard?
Riding a hoverboard will really depend on the model that you choose. However, most of them just simply involve jumping on the board and using your body to depict the movements. You’ll lean forward to go forward or you’ll learn back to go in reverse, while also tilting to the left or right to rotate.
Do these boards actually hover?
As of right now, these boards do not hover. They sit flat on the ground with two wheels. However, if you do some research, you’ll find that there are studies and research into models that actually hover above the ground.