Your Guide To Shopping For The Best Meat Grinders For Deer (Compared & Reviewed)
Hunting season is right around the corner and if you are like most hunters there is a good chance that you are already making preparations.
Well, what if you learned that you could cut your own meat at home this year? That’s right, you can forgo those expensive butcher prices and still get those delicious cuts that you love when you choose to invest in the best meat grinders for deer.
There is simply no denying that hunting is one of the most exciting and entertaining things that you can do in today’s time. There is nothing like being out there in the wilderness tracking, shooting, and hunting down your prey. Of course, this doesn’t mean that hunting is cheap. Just look at all the equipment that it takes. You need winter wear, camouflage, binoculars, tree stands, blinds, guns, ammo, and something deer feed. And, this is not to even mention the costs of getting your meat ground up once you have captured your prey.
Well, if you want to forgo the expense of meat cutting, you can do your own in the comfort of your own home. However, in order to do this, you will need to invest in the best meat grinder for processing deer.
The Best Meat Grinders For Deer – Comparison Table
1. Kitchen Elite Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer
There is simply no denying that the Kitchen Elite Electric Meat Grinder is an impressive machine. Just look at its sleek, stainless steel body. This pretty much screams elegance and durability. All that aside, one of the most impressive things about this machine is its steel gear-driven mechanism design. This design not only makes the machine maintenance-free, but it makes it operate smoother and quieter.
- The steel gear-driven mechanism design and maintenance-free air-cooled motor make the grinding capability more powerful and smooth quiet operation. 3/4 HP (550W) induction motor can grind up to 720-lbs of meat per hour (that's 12 lbs per minute). Equipped with a circuit breaker for safe use.
- Heavy-duty SUS304 stainless steel grinder head, auger, meat pan. Stainless steel housing and water-proof switch assure superior safety, as well as being rust-proof.
¾ HP Induction Motor
If it is the power that you are looking for, look no further than the Kitchen Elite. This powerful little baby is capable of cranking out right around 550 watts. This in combination with the ¾ horsepower induction motor and you will be able to grind a maximum of 720 pounds of meat per hour. This amounts to about 12 pounds per minute, which is pretty impressive when all things are considered.
Stainless Steel Housing
You learned earlier that this model features a sleek, stainless steel body. Well, this wasn’t implemented for aesthetics alone. It was implemented for durability and reliability. The durable housing in combination with the stainless steel grinder head, auger, and meat pan will ensure that you always get the most out of the machine. Not only is the machine designed with superior stainless steel, but it is rust-proof.
- Stainless steel housing
- Comes with a variety of handy accessories
- Rust-proof design
- Powerful 2/4 HP induction motor
- Does require electric
- Does not have a reverse gear only grind
2. The Powerful STX Turboforce Classic 3000 Series Meat Grinder
This might be an expensive meat grinder but it’ll be worth the extra money. This unit works exceptionally well for the intended purpose and you can guarantee that you’re going to get your money’s worth. The meat grinder is gorgeous so you can leave it on your countertop without any issues. It is very powerful. The locked motor can use 3000 watts of power for the best results. When placed under a load, it will use anywhere between 800 and 1,200 watts.
- The Turboforce 3000 Series Classic is a Powerful “Home Use” Grinder and has a Locked Motor Wattage of 3000 Watts but Normally Uses between 800 Watts & 1200 Watts “Under Load” (While Grinding). This Grinder Grinds between 180 and 240 Lbs of Meat per Hour (When Prepped for Grinding Properly - Stripped or Cubed). This also depends on the Size of Grinding Plate being used, the Type of Meat being Ground and the Consistency of the Meat being ground.
- Includes: 1 - Size #12 Polished Aluminum (Food Grade) Grinding Head and Meat Hopper, 3 - 304 Grade Stainless Steel Cutting Blades, 3 - Sizes of Grinding Plates, 1 - Beaner (Sausage Stuffing) Plate, 3 - Sizes of Sausage Stuffing Tubes (1/2", 5/8" & 3/4"), 1 - Kubbe/Kibbe Making Attachment & 1 - Meat Pusher/Stuffer. We have also added 2 Free Meat Shredder Claws and a Free 3-in-1 Burger-Slider Press/Maker which you will find Very Useful!
First, you should learn more about the unit’s performance. With the Turboforce 3000 Series Meat Grinder, you’re going to be able to grind as much as 240 pounds of meat per hour. That is far better than the alternatives. If you need to perfect your efficiency, this meat grinder will satisfy your needs.
You should know that this unit is protected by a warranty and money back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with it, you can spend it back for a full refund in 30 days. On top of that, you’re going to be protected by a 3-year warranty. The costs of parts and labor are included. Either way, the 3-year warranty is better than what you’re going to get with many of the competitors.
Easy To Use
While you’re at it, you should know that this meat grinder is very easy to use. It features a few buttons. When you’re ready to use it, you need to add the meat and push the right button. Before you know it, the unit will take care of the rest and you’ll be ready to go.
- Very easy to use
- Gorgeous design
- Protected by a 3-year warranty
- Grinds a maximum of 240 pounds an hour
- Not enough stainless steel
- Not great for soft bones
3. LEM Products Big Bite Electric Meat Grinder
The LEM Products Big Bite Meat Grinder is a one-of-a-kind product. The unit has a heavy-duty construction. So, it will endure the test of time. The user-friendly interface makes this the ideal meat grinder for adults of all ages. The included instruction manual will guide you through each meat-grinding process with ease.
- .75HP grinder is a substantial step up from either the #5 or #8 Big Bite units; Quieter than ever while in use
- Modernized brushed steel finish - Minimizes fingerprint. Dimensions of grinder motor only: 7.5 W x 15.5 L x 13 H inches and dimensions of grinder fully assembled: 9.13 W x 20.24 L x 15.98 H inches
The onboard motor generates up to 0.5 horsepower. This high level of constant power will ensure better grinding, even when it involves thick, tough meats. With constant power, you will never need to be concerned with intermittent stalling or power surges.
Keeping things neat and tidy is always a concern, especially when it comes to kitchen appliances. Well, you will never need to worry about that issue when utilizing the LEM Products Big Bite Meat Grinder. The unit comes with an onboard drawer that can be utilized to store your accessories. The extra storage will definitely come in handy for all applications.
Durable Motor Housing
The motor housing plays a major role in the operation. If the motor housing is flawed, it will compromise the functionality of the machine. To eliminate that risk, LEM Products designed its Big Bite Meat Grinder with a motor housing that is constructed from durable stainless steel. This design is guaranteed to resist rusting and corroding.
The large built-in handle will offer better portability than other designs. You can utilize the handle to reposition the meat grinder or during operation to ensure full control and better handling.
- Built-in handle for better control and portability
- Stainless steel motor housing design
- Dimensions – 7-1/2 W X 13 H X 15-1/2 L (inches)
- Storage tray for accessories
- Backed by a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Cutting screens must be purchased separately
- The large footprint may not be suitable for small kitchens
4. STX Turboforce II Foot Pedal Meat Grinder
Are you on the market for an affordable, energy-efficient meat grinder? If so, look no further than the STX Turboforce II. The meat grinder includes a variety of accessories. So, you can utilize it to create a fresh ground hamburger, sausage, and poultry. The interface is user-friendly, making it ideal for adults of all ages. Grinding meats with the STX Turboforce II will offer convenience in every way imaginable.
- Features 2000 Watts of Peak Output Power with 3 Speeds (High, Low, Reverse) & Safety Circuit Breaker
- Includes Foot Pedal Control (Optional Use) - Plug Grinder into Foot Pedal Control For Hands Free Use
When you are grinding meat, your hands are always full. Both hands are utilized to feed the meat in the grinder and control all the capabilities. The STX Turboforce II is a unique meat grinder because it offers hands-free operation. The included foot pedal control allows you to operate the machine and its many capabilities with ease.
Stainless Steel Blades
The stainless steel cutting blades will power through thick, touch meat with an issue. The stainless steel is rated 304 food grade. So, you and your family will not be exposed to harmful metals or chemicals. The cutting blades offer an easy cleanup, just soak them in warm water and dishwashing detergent. Air or towel dry completely before reassembling.
- Cutting blades – stainless steel food grade construction
- Powered by a hands-free electric-powered foot pedal
- User-friendly interface
- Powerful 2000-watt motor
- Includes a beaner plate, five grinding plates, and three stuffing tubes
- Operational noise very high
- Not suitable for commercial use
5. STX International Gen 2 Platinum Edition Magnum Meat Grinder
If you raise hogs, cattle, and chickens, you probably utilize some of the meat to feed your family. To keep things efficient, you should consider investing in the STX International Gen 2 Magnum Meat Grinder. The machine comes with everything you need to grind pork, beef, and poultry quickly and easily. This is a heavy-duty meat grinder that will take a beating and keep on working. For the price, you really will not beat this brand.
- The STX Magnum 1800W “Platinum Edition” (Patented Air Cooled) Complete Home Grinding Package features a Heavy Duty 1800 Maximum Watt Electric Grinder and Features a High Capacity Meat Tray that easily holds over 3 Lbs. of meat.
- The Patented Cowl Air Induction Cooling System Features a Locked Motor Wattage of 1800 Watts and a Circuit Breaker for Safety. This grinder is a Size No.12 Grinder, Not a Size No.5 or No.8 Like Smaller Grinders, 2-1/2 -Inch Diameter Output for Ground Meat and 2-Inch Diameter Feed Tube.
To ensure efficiency, STX International designed its Gen 2 Magnum Meat Grinder to power on electricity. Manually powered meat grinders fail in comparison to the STX International Magnum in so many ways. It generates constant power to grind up the toughest and thickest meat without issue.
The meat grinder comes with a variety of accessories. These accessories include five various sizes grinding plates, 1 beaner plate, kubbe maker, meat claws, and hamburger patty press. You can utilize the Gen 2 to create a hamburger, sausage, and other ground meats.
The STX International Gen 2 is constructed from heavy-duty cast aluminum and other materials. This design will ensure a longer service, even if it is utilized every day of the week. The meat grinder is comprised of both polished and non-polished components, all of which will endure normal wear and tear.
Food-Grade Stainless Steel
To prevent consumers from being exposed to harmful metals and chemicals, STX International designed its G2 Magnum with stainless steel cutting blades. The stainless steel utilized for this application is 304 food grade. The cuttings blades are extremely easy to clean. Just place them in a sink full of warm water and dishwashing liquid. Air or towel dry before replacing back in the machine.
- Includes sausage tubes and a kubbe attachment
- Aluminum construction
- Comes with a hamburger patty press
- Meat tray capacity – 3 pounds
- User-friendly interface
- Operational noise slightly high
- Does not grind larger bones very well
Always Check The Wattage When Going Electric
When you are out there shopping for meat grinders, you will quickly discover that the best meat grinders for bones come in a variety of sizes. Not only this, but each specific model is rated with different watts. If you plan on using the grinder for a larger scale operation, you are going to need one that offers more watts. If you are going to be grinding bones and other coarse materials, you will probably also want one with more power. However, if you are just going to be using the grinder for smaller applications, you can probably opt for a smaller model with smaller watts.
Always Go For Longer Levers
Yes, there are plenty of electric grinders available in today’s market. And, these are the models that most hunters are opting for these days. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that electric is the only option available. In fact, there are still a variety of individuals that prefer the traditional hand crack models. These models have greatly improved over the years, but if you are going to buy one, you always need to factor in the handle. If you plan on grinding bone or a large amount of meat at one time, you are going to need more power. The only way to get more power with a manual grinder is to opt for one with a longer handle. This will always ensure that you have leverage that you need to crank the handle with ease.
Go For Additional Features
Shopping for grinders can be difficult. And, part of this has to do with the plethora of features. Thanks to the advancement of technology there are now models available with a variety of features. There is such a thing as going overboard and buying a model with too many features. However, you should always try not to purchase a grinder that has a single purpose. Your grinder should be good enough and durable enough to provide other kitchen services. Some grinders will even come with additional grinding plates so that you can adjust the coarseness of the meat. Some grinders will also come with a variety of attachments. Whatever the situation is, you want to look for a model that will serve a variety of purposes so that you can utilize it for different activities.
The Cost Of The Grinder
Any time you are shopping for anything the cost is always going to be a deciding factor. And, this will be no different when you are shopping for the best meat grinder for venison. However, one difference, in this case, is that more money isn’t always necessarily a better thing. Just because you pay more for the grinder it doesn’t mean that you are going to get exactly what you need. Whether you shop low or high, the trick is to know what you specifically need before you even start looking. Make sure that the grinder that you are choosing is more than capable of serving your every need. There are plenty of meat grinders that can be purchased for affordable rates.
At the end of the day, you can easily see that there are tons of things to consider when shopping for a meat grinder. You can also see that there are plenty of models available on the market that are capable of serving your needs and more. This trick is to know what your needs are. Yes, some of the models mentioned within this guide are the most popular available today, but this doesn’t mean they are exactly right for you. And, that is why we also included a buying guide in this article. Our guide was designed so that if you follow it to the letter, you shouldn’t have a problem finding the best meat grinder for bones or the best meat grinder for any of your processing needs.
Does The Size Of The Grinder Matter?
Yes, the size of the grinder that you choose is going to make a difference. This is especially true if you plan on grinding a lot of meat. Obviously, larger grinders are going to give you the ability to grind more meat. However, you need to keep in mind that if you are going with a manual grinder, you will need more power to turn the crank. You can usually compensate for this by looking for models that offer longer handles. This will give you more leverage and cranking power to get the job done easier and quicker. If you want a bigger grinder in the electric realm, you will want to opt for one with a more powerful motor.
How Are Meat Grinders Measured?
Meat grinders are usually measured based on the size of their necks, outlet openings, and grinding plates. When shopping, you will probably see something like this Grinder Size: #5 or Grinder Size: #8. It is more than important to know what grinder size corresponds with what outlet diameter. For instance, a #5 usually means a grinder with a 2 1/8” outlet diameter, whereas a #8 will mean a grinder with an outlet diameter of 2 1/2”.