Your Guide To Buying The Best Pool Tables Under $1000
Looking to impress your friends and earn a little money on the side? Maybe you just want to take your 8-ball game to the next level. This is exactly where the best pool tables for the home can come in handy.
There are without a doubt a number of reasons that one would want to improve their pool game. It doesn’t matter if you want to just be a better player or if you have a tournament coming up, these are two valid reasons for wanting to enhance your game. Of course, doing so won’t be as easy as deciding that you want to become better. The first hurdle in your long journey will be to get yourself a cheap pool table that you can practice in all your free time.
Quick Comparison of Billiard Tables Under $1000
1. Barrington Springdale 90” Claw Leg Billiard Table Set
When you invest in the Barrington Springdale, you really are getting more than just a pool table. Heck, you are literally getting everything that you need to get started. This package not only comes with an 89(L) x 50.2(W) x 31(H) inches pool table, but it comes along with 2 cue sticks, 2 chalk cubes, 1 triangle rack, 1 felt brush, 15 balls, and 1 cue ball. This is just the start too!
The claw foot design really makes the table mesh in any room. The design is richly ornate and shows the company’s eye for detail and exquisite styling. It won’t be long before the table easily becomes the focal point of the entire room where it is installed. The table also features classic drop pockets, which only adds to the overall eloquence of the table. In addition to this, the drop pockets make it much easier and faster to retrieve the balls than compared to some designs.
- 23 PIECE SET includes the Barrington Billiard Table; 2 cue sticks; 2 chalk cubes; 1 triangle rack; 1 felt brush; 15 numbered billiard balls; and 1 cue ball. This handsome claw foot pool table completes any game room.
- FAMILY FUN that develops physical, mental and emotional control in people of all ages. From your youngest child to your great-grandmother, billiards is a leisure activity that anyone can learn and play.
The playing field on this table might be constructed of wood, but the professional-grade wool green felt surface really ties the entire ensemble together. This table is a turn head tuner and can offer an exciting and competitive game of pool.
- Beautiful and classic design with drop pockets
- Claw leg design draws focal attention to the tabletop
- Includes everything that you need to get started
- Strong support deck
- The playing field is made of wood
- Isn’t regulation size
2. Mizerak Dynasty Space Saver
If you are looking to enjoy the game of pool, but find that you are limited on space, the Mizerak Dynasty Space Saver is without a doubt one of the best options on the table. This table is only 6.5 feet long, which makes it more than perfect for smaller rooms. However, do not let the smaller design fool you because this table is anything, but ordinary.
The table comes along with leg levelers to make it easier to ensure that you get true ball movement every hit. You can simply turn the legs to the left or right to adjust the height without worrying about trying to build up the floor with wood or phone books. Another thing that must be noted about this table is that it comes along with a satisfaction guarantee.
- 6.5' space saver design fits in smaller rooms
- Leg levelers for perfectly even playing surface
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the table all you have to do is contact customer support and they will rectify the issue. Even if it means replacing the table for no charge. The double-sealed MDF playing field offers the utmost in durability ad consistency, ensuring that you get the perfect roll every time.
- Comes with a satisfaction guarantee
- Backed with excellent customer services
- Included leg levelers
- Automatic ball return
- Not regulation size
- MDF playing field might be susceptible to humidity and waterlog
3. MD Sports Billiard Table Set
If you have extra cash to invest in a billiard pool table, you should definitely consider investing it into the MD Sports brand. The brand has a small selection of pool tables, ranging in varying prices, designs, and sizes. The pool table is available in several designs, including a 7-foot Arcade, 7-1/2-foot Avondale, 7-1/2-foot Titan, and 8-foot Crestmont. All of these designs will make a great option for any home with avid pool players.
- Traditional square leg design with classic drop pockets for an Authentic look and feel
- 35 percent wool blended with polyester felt, for smooth ball roll
The felt is designed of several fabrics, including wood and polyester felt. This design will ensure longevity, consistency, and smoothness. The overall design is very similar to the more expensive competitor brands. It is integrated with a sturdy 1-inch thick particle board top, deck supports, scratch-resistant wood grain finish, parlor-style ball pockets, two cues, triangle rack, and 16 billiard balls.
- Durable 1-inch thick particle board
- Legs are constructed of solid wood for more stability
- Intricate, beautiful architecture
- Drop pockets are made of leather
- Superior leveling system
- Included cues are low-quality
- Assembly requires several hands, as the pool table weighs more than 284 pounds
4. EastPoint Sports Masterton Billiard Pool Table
The EastPoint Sports Masterton Billiard Pool Table is ideal for avid players on a budget. The pool table design is very eye-appealing, with a claw design that looks rich and lavish. It comes with everything you need to start playing pool right out of the box. The assembly is straightforward if you follow the included step-by-step guide.
Not only will the Masterton Pool Table make a great addition to your family room, man cave, or a den but also it will deliver excellent functionality throughout your gameplay. The pool table is professionally designed to ensure consistency, sturdiness, and precision.
- Enjoy hours of fun for the whole family with the 87" Masterton Billiard Table! This exquisite 7 ft 3 in wood pool table features a traditional ball and claw leg design
- Designed with professional K66 rubber bumpers that provide a consistent bounce and predictable shot, along with a smooth green felt game table surface and parlor-style drop pockets
The top rail has a scratch-resistant design to ensure longevity. You can utilize the pool table for professional and casual play, as well as competitions right in the comfort of your own home.
- Dimensions – 50” W X 31′ H X 87” L
- Includes chalk, 16 billiard balls, table brush, triangle, and two cues
- Adjustable height for leveling
- Fabric can be replaced
- Shipped mostly assembled
- Slightly heavy – weighs approximately 198 pounds
- You will need multiple helpers for the assembly
5. Hathaway Fairmont Portable 6-Ft Pool Table
For avid pool players, the Hathaway Fairmont brand is the way to go. The brand offers various pool tables, including its 6-foot portable model. The pool table comes with everything you need to start playing right out of the box. This is the ideal pool table for people who reside in compact environments, such as apartments, condos, and flats.
- EASY TO TRANSPORT – This gorgeous table includes durable, steel legs that easily fold for transportation and storage. The included nylon carry bag is rip-resistant, keeping your table safe and secure while it’s on the go.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY – The Fairmont’s compact 6-foot frame is perfect for kids learning the game. Adults will appreciate its high-quality construction and simple space-saving design A perfect addition to any game room gym or office.
The Hathaway Fairmont Pool Table has a space-saving design. This design allows you to fold the pool table up and store it in a compact cubbyhole. It also allows for easy portability. Fold it up, put it in the trunk of your vehicle, and transport it to fundraising venues, your friends’ homes, or on a camping trip.
The pool table is large enough to support a game utilizing 16 balls and average-size cues. But, it is still portable and very easy to store.
- Includes 16 billiard balls, two pool cues, chalk, racking triangle, and table brush
- Portable, folding design
- Durable, sturdy 6-foot frame
- Adjustable legs for leveling
- Not regulation size
- Will not support the player’s full body weight
Buying Guide The Best Pool Tables Under $1000
A pool table is easily one of the most popular home entertainment options available to you. Pool tables are great when you have a bunch of friends over. They are also awesome when you are alone and just looking to kill some time. Whatever your situation is, you could probably sit and list various reasons as to why you should buy a pool table, but this won’t get you any closer to getting one. Buying a good pool table that fits right into your lifestyle and home is going to be a job in itself. There are several factors that you will have to consider and tons of decisions that you will need to make along the way. This guide was designed to help you with this very process.
What Size Should You Shop For?
If you want to get the most enjoyment out of your table then it is going to need to fit like a glove. You almost need it to look like the room was built around the pool table. There is nothing worse than pulling back for a shot and ramming your cue into the wall. This will not only cause you to develop bad habits, but you might end up knocking a hole in the wall. This is why you will want to take the appropriate time to properly measure out your space.
Just remember that you need to account for the players as well. The room that is going to house the table will need to be nearly almost double the size of a pool table. This is if you want to ensure that you have the most room to move and play freely without any restrictions.
Choosing The Playing Field
Besides the size, it is the playing field that is going to be your next biggest concern. The term playing field refers to the actual tabletop. This is the field that the balls are going to be played on. When shopping, you are going to see some models that are on the higher price end, and you are going to see some models that are on the lower price end. It is the playing field that makes the difference in the price.
Wood bed tables utilize what is known as MDF compressed wood. Wood is a lighter weight material, but it is also cheaper. However, do not let the cheap fool you because the right wood can be extremely durable. Just look at your home. It more than likely has wood beams and has been standing for a number of years. Of course, this is not to say that wood doesn’t come without some disadvantages as well. For instance, it is susceptible to waterlog and humidity.
Slate beds really are considered the industry standard when it comes to pool tables. These are usually the ones that you will see in pool halls and professional settings. These tables are usually perfectly flat and provide the absolute best playing field. Not only will you get a true ball with this type of playing field, but you will never have to worry about humidity. Slate won’t warp and bow over time.
What Is The Best Regulation Size?
If you want to enter the pro leagues you will without a doubt want to make sure that you are playing on a regulation-sized table. Playing on a small table will cause you to develop bad habits. And, when you do eventually go from a smaller to a longer table, it will be much harder because the shots will seem longer and more difficult, rather than being clustered together like they are on smaller tables. If this is one of your concerns, you will want to opt for an eight-foot table. A nine-foot would even be better if you have the room, but most regulation games are played on eight-foot tables.
Can I Put A Rug Under My New Table?
Yes, you can absolutely put a rug under your table, as long as the table is sitting on hardwood, tile, or concrete. You probably do not want to sit a rug under a table that is already going to be sitting on a carpet. That being said, rugs can provide a number of benefits, including that they dull the echo of the balls rolling across the table. Also, remember that this item is going to be tying the room together, so you’ll want to choose something that is going to stay in style.
At the end of the day, there are tons of decisions that need to be weighed before you buy a pool table. You will also quickly discover that there are tons of models, makes, colors, features, and designs to choose from. Above all else, you want to make sure that you choose a table that suits your needs and desires. If you want to eventually compete professionally then you will need the regulation-sized pool table.