Table of Contents
- Best Golf Sets For The Money: Comparison table
- 1. Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set
- 2. PreciseGolf Co. Precise X7 Junior Complete Golf Club Set
- 3. Wilson Golf Women’s Ultra Package Set
- 4. Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf Set
- 5. Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set
- Best Golf Sets For The Money: Buying Guide
As a beginner of anything, you probably already know that you are not the most informed individual on the subject at hand. This is even more so true when it comes to golf because there are just so many moving parts. What if you learned that the best golf clubs could make all the difference in the world in your gameplay as well as experience?
Best Golf Sets For The Money: Comparison table
You can speak with any professional, trainer, or golf enthusiast and you will discover right away that golf clubs can more than impact your overall game. If you are currently using the wrong golf clubs you might even be developing bad habits that will only later come back to haunt you down the road. Not only this, but you could be swinging or bending in an unnatural way that might potentially lead to long-term damage. This is nothing that no golfer wants to hear, but it is something they need to hear. Choosing the right clubs is just as important as choosing the best waterproof golf shoes if you plan on playing in poor weather conditions.
1. Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set
When it comes to a great beginner golf club set, you simply cannot beat this Callaway set. And, that is not because it is more than affordable. There is no denying that the set is more than affordable for the beginning golfer, but the impressive thing is that the whole set is set up for performance right out the gate. When investing in this impressive set, users will get a driver, a 3 wood, a 5 hybrid, 6 – 9 irons, a putting wedge, a putter, a stand bag, and two headcovers. All these clubs are specifically designed to deliver performance while making sure that each swing in contributing to your mastering of the game. What more could any beginning golfer want or need?
- The Strata 12 Piece Set is designed for maximum performance right out of the box. The set includes: Driver, 3 Wood, 5 Hybrid, 6 9 Iron, PW, Putter, Stand Bag and 2 Head covers
- Woods: Lightweight 460cc forged driver that has a large sweet spot, a titanium head, and provides more forgiveness to help you hit it farther off the tee. An oversized 3 wood is forgiving with a more aerodynamic head shape for long, high flying shots
The 5 Hybrid
Irons are great clubs there is no denying that. They can come in handy in a variety of situations, but the only problem is that these clubs provide more of a finesse approach, which means that are less forgiving. Making a mistake could mean that you end up with a ball in the woods or the lake. Fortunately, this isn’t always the case with the hybrid clubs, especially the one included with this 12-piece set. The hybrid club include with this set is much shorter than your traditional irons and offers more control.
Irons And Putters
This is not to say that the irons included with this set aren’t impressive and worth using because they certainly are. The putter is designed with a mallet design to offer more control and even better accuracy. The irons are constructed of durable stainless steel and offer even more forgiveness and control when compared to the traditional irons.
- Built for performance right out the box
- Includes every club you need to get started
- Stainless steel irons ensure durability
- You only get a 30-day warranty with the set
2. PreciseGolf Co. Precise X7 Junior Complete Golf Club Set
There is nothing more precious than teaching someone a skill that they can use throughout their life. Couple this excitement and joy associated with the game of sport and you can see just how joyful it would be to teach someone the game. Of course, if you want your child to take a liking to the game, you will need to provide them with a positive first experience. And, this is exactly what this X7 set can help do.
- HIGH-LOFTED CLUBS ARE EASIER TO HIT!
- INCLUDES A JUNIOR HYBRID WOOD!
Bag With Dual Straps
When you invest in the Precise X7, you not only get all the clubs needed to play 9 to 18 holes, but you get a handy storage bag as well. The bag also comes installed with two handy shoulder straps that give it the ability to be worn like a backpack. This is a feature that will come in more than handy when you and your child are lugging your clubs up and down the course.
You can ask anyone that has ever tried golf and they will tell you that it is a hard sport to master. Heck, it might be one of the hardest sports to get started at. However, this is once again where the Precise X7 set can help out. The set is designed with high-lofted clubs that are much more forgiving than that of the traditional child’s club. Their innovative technology and unique design help children launch the ball higher for longer yards.
- High-lofted designed helps players launch the ball higher for longer yardage
- Includes all the clubs needed along with a storage bag that can be used as a backpack
- Comes available in numerous colors
- Only suitable for children ages 9 to 12
3. Wilson Golf Women’s Ultra Package Set
If you thought shopping for beginners golf clubs was hard then you should try shopping for the best ladies golf clubs for beginners. When you couple this with the fact that you are also going to need to buy the best women’s golf shoes it is easy to see how all this shopping could put a damper on your overall experience. Well, at least the Wilson Women’s Ultra Package set will make choosing your clubs a bit easier. This could very well be the best beginner golf set for women because every club includes technology that is aimed to help improve your overall golf game.
- Super game improvement design focuses on generating more distance for beginner golfers
- Designed for Women's swing speeds with low center of gravity for improved launch characteristics
Large Sweet Spots
There is no denying that slicing with irons is more difficult than one would imagine. This is because irons are somewhat less forgiving than other clubs. Luckily, that is not the case with this set at all. The irons included within this set were specifically designed with larger sweet spots. In addition to this, the irons feature perimeter weights that help balance out those off-center hits.
Lightweight Components And Flexible Shafts
Lugging around or swinging a heavy set of clubs can be tiring. Do this for 9 to 18 holes and you will not only be tired out, but you will hurt your overall game by the time you reach the last hole. Once again, this is something that can be avoided altogether with the simple purchase of this set. The set not only features lightweight clubs, but the flexible shafts make the entire set more maneuverable than imaginable.
- Designed with lightweight components and flexible shafts
- Larger sweet spots on the irons
- Also, include a bag with a variety of compartments and pockets
- Designed to improve your game by increasing distance
- Specifically designed for women
4. Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf Set
If you were going to look for the best waterproof golf shoes, you simply wouldn’t look for a shoe that wicked away moisture without providing proper ventilation. Well, you shouldn’t ever buy a beginner’s golf set it’s designed to help you improve your game. You would simply be wasting your money as well as your time. This is probably why investing in the Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf Set makes so much sense for the beginner.
- Super game improvement design focuses on generating more distance for beginner golfers
- Large 460cc Titanium matrix driver uses hot face and low center of gravity to launch the ball off the Tee
Hot Face And Low Center Of Gravity
The clubs included within this set are specifically designed to offer super game improvement by providing more distance. What golfer doesn’t need or want to add a little more distance to their game? Well, that is exactly what the large 460cc titanium matrix driver can do for you. The driver features a hot face coupled with a low center of gravity to help players launch the ball right off the tee without giving it much thought.
If you have already been down the road of looking for the best putter for beginners then you have already learned about the difficulties of putting. There is no denying that golf is a complicated game, even further complicated by the difficulty of the short game. This is perhaps just another facet that really makes this set stand out. The putter is not only an alignment design, but it comes equipped with a soft paddle grip that focuses on improving the golfer’s aim as well as the distance.
- Alignment putter with soft paddle grip helps aim and distance
- Low center of gravity with a hot face helps golfers launch the ball off the tee
- Large sweet spots on the irons
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Only designed for men and larger individuals
5. Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set
When you look at everything that the other Callaway set on this list had to offer it is probably easy to see how another landed on here. This set is pretty much offering the same thing expect four additional clubs. With this 16-piece set, you get a driver, a 3 wood, a 4 and 5 hybrid, 6 through 9 irons, a pitching wedge, a sand wedge, stand bag, and 4 protective headcovers. This is literally everything that you need to get started on the links.
- Strata Ultimate is designed for ultimate distance and ultimate performance. This set includes: Driver, 3 wood, 4 & 5 Hybrid, 6 to 9 Iron, PW & SW, Putter, Stand Bag, 4 Head covers
- Woods: Full titanium golf driver gives you a large sweet spot and more forgiveness to bomb it off the tee. A very forgiving 3 wood & 5 wood built for long, high flying shots in a more aerodynamic head shape
Full Titanium Woods
Titanium is without a doubt one of the most durable and sturdiest materials on the earth. This is exactly why the Callaway Company decided to use it for their woods. The woods are not only titanium, but they feature more than large sweet spots that give the players the ability to launch the balls right off the tee. You combine this with the aerodynamic head shape and you are truly looking at versatile irons that will deliver every time.
The 4 And 5 Hybrids
Do not forget about the 4 and 5 hybrids because they are just as equally as impressive. With their small stature and size, they not only give players more control over their shot, but they give them more confidence. Confidence that can later be applied to different aspects of the game.
- Includes every club you need to get started
- Woods are made of durable titanium
- Hybrids are a better alternative to longer irons
- Built for long, flying shots
- Only designed for men
Best Golf Sets For The Money: Buying Guide
Professional golfers claim their success is mostly in part to their golf irons. The golf club can indeed make or break your game. There are so many factors that can determine the functionality of golf clubs. These factors include weight, length, and design. Depending on your budget, it will always be in your interest to invest in a top brand. If this is not an option for you, it is crucial to break down the determining factors and go from there.
One of the most important features of a golf club is the construction. To ensure maximum performance, accuracy, and forgiveness, most manufacturers will opt for a full titanium construction. Titanium is a rich material that offers a high level of durability and power. The biggest downside to titanium is it is more expensive than most other metals utilized in golf clubs. With that said, if you are aiming for perfection, you will need to swallow your pride and pay the extra cost. Be sure to check out our best golf drivers for beginners guide.
When average people look at a golf club, they just see ahead on the end of a metal rod. While this exactly what a golf club looks like, manufacturers put a lot of work into their designs. The goal is to make the golf club as forgiving as possible while delivering full control, easy handling, and distance.
Flight Technology is often integrated into golf clubs because it supports both accuracy and distance. For golfers who are destined for more wins than losses, golf irons with flight technology is the solution.
Another factor to take into consideration when shopping for a new golf club set is face milling. This technology is extremely important for the putter. A putter with a milled face will generate less spin than the “corduroy” mill design. Precise face milling will deliver better distance, accuracy, and control.
All golfers desire a balanced swing for many reasons. Golfers must learn how to balance their bodies and swings perfectly to achieve maximum distance and accuracy. Golf irons that provide balance will deliver the best control, so you can achieve longer distances. Manufacturers combine state-of-the-art technologies and designs to ensure a good balance for all golfers.
Why do manufacturers prefer titanium to other metals?
Titanium is a very strong, durable material. It utilized for a broad range of industrial applications because of its high strength-to-density ratio. Other advantages of titanium include lightweight, hypoallergenic, and corrosion-resistant. Golf irons are exposed to all kinds of conditions. To endure these conditions, manufacturers utilize a titanium-construction for their golf clubs.
Why is an aerodynamic head so important?
An aerodynamic head can resist more drag than other designs. This design ensures maximum performance and more accuracy, especially on windy days.