The winter can really take a toll on human beings. The cold weather can result in a lot of problems in the long run. You might not be able to sidestep these problems outside in the elements. However, you should be able to avoid them in your home. In order to do that, you should consider buying and using a whole house humidifier. One of these products will make a big difference in the long run. Within this guide, you’re going to be provided with tips to ensure you get the best whole house humidifier for your money.
What To Consider When Buying A Whole House Humidifier
Buying a humidifier can be much more difficult than you could ever imagine. Believe it or not, there are tons of humidifiers out there and there are numerous factors that set them apart from one another. With that being said, you need to do some research on your own. Below, you’re going to find out more about the numerous factors that must be considered when buying a whole house humidifier.
First and foremost, you should take the time to learn more about the different humidifiers. There are many different types. One of the most popular is the cool mist humidifiers. These units are going to disperse room-temperature mist. These units will be able to cover much larger areas. More importantly, cool mist humidifiers are going to use less electricity. They’ll save you money in the long run. Warm mist humidifiers are a little more expensive. After all, they have a heating element that is utilized to heat water. Then, the humidifier will release warm water into the atmosphere.
These units are great because they’re releasing healthier moisture into the atmosphere. The hotter moisture will kill germs and other impurities. Finally, there are ultrasonic models. It is possible to find cool and warm mist ultrasonic humidifiers. They’re very popular because they’re the quietest out there.
It is a good idea to buy a humidifier that is going to be fairly quiet. After all, you’re going to be using it when you are sleeping. If it is too loud, it is going to keep you up at night. Keep the dB level as low as possible to avoid potential problems.
Some humidifiers are going to require more maintenance than others. In all likelihood, you do not want to put in the extra effort. If this is the case, you should definitely buy a unit that requires very little maintenance. If you do not properly maintain your humidifier, it is going to develop mildew, mold, and bacteria. You’ll also need to change the filter. Choosing a humidifier that makes the process easier is highly recommended.
1. Aprilaire 500M Whole House Humidifier
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE This humidifier was designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire - the inventor of the whole home evaporative humidifier, and the leader in indoor air quality solutions
- FULL COVERAGE up to 3,000 square feet in tightly built homes with a capacity of 12 gallons per day
- MANUAL HUMIDIFIER with a single sensor built into the standard control monitors indoor relative humidity for use in manually setting the percent humidity in your home
- Keeps humidity between 35 and 45%
- One model can accommodate homes up to 4,200 square foot
- Will make your home more comfortable
- Eliminate bacteria and viruses
- Pretty affordable
- Made in the United States
- Single and double sensor models available
- No warranty for do it yourselfers
The Aprilaire 500M is a great humidifier that will be suitable for most households. It is fairly inexpensive and this makes it a good investment for a lot of individuals. There are plenty of options to choose from here. For instance, you can choose between a dual or single sensor. It is also great that this humidifier is manufactured in the United States. That is going to give you greater peace of mind in the long run. Below, you’re going to learn more about this unit and its most notable features.
With this specific humidifier, you’ll be able to pick and choose. There are several types to choose from. For instance, one model is suitable for homes up to 3,000 square foot. You will also find models that accommodate 4,2000 square foot homes. No matter how big your home is, you can pretty much guarantee that you’ll be able to find one of these humidifiers that suits your home’s requirements.
Maintains Optimal Humidity
In order to remain happy and healthy, you need to keep your home at a certain humidity level. If you do not, there is going to be a greater risk that you’re going to develop respiratory problems. If you have asthma, the symptoms are going to intensify. With that being said, you should keep the humidity between 35% and 45%. This humidifier can help you do just that.
It is generally in your best interest to buy a humidifier that is made in the United States. The Aprilaire Humidifier has been designed and manufactured in the United States. This is great. It ensures that you’re going to be buying American quality and that can make a big difference in the long run. Since it is made in America, you can guarantee that it is going to be more durable and more efficient than many of the alternatives.
At the end of the day, the Aprilaire Humidifier is great. Just remember that you’ll need to hire a professional to install it. Otherwise, you’re going to void the warranty. If you’re willing to take the risk, this one is well worth the price.
2. AirCare MA1201 Humidifier
- Console-style humidifier for a whole house up to 3600 square feet
- Digital humidistat automatically maintains your desired humidity level with digital accuracy
- Automatically shuts off when desired humidity level is reached or when unit is empty
- Features an automatic shut off
- Easy to move around
- Clean up process is quick and simple
- Suitable for spaces up to 3,600 square foot
- Features a digital humidistat
- Set up process is very easy
- Filters can be expensive and must be replaced a lot
Are you looking for a good whole house humidifier that won’t cause a lot of problems? Would you prefer to stick with a much easier installation? If you’ve answered yes to both of these questions, you’ll definitely want to check out the AirCare MA1201. This is really one of the most convenient humidifiers out there. The installation process is pretty much brainless. Plus, this one is built to last and it is suitable for many houses. More about this humidifier will be provided below for your consideration.
First and foremost, you should find out whether or not this humidifier is going to be okay for your home. Figure out how many square footages your home is. In total, this humidifier is capable of accommodating 3,600 square foot. It might not be a good investment for people with bigger homes. However, it is a must for apartment and smaller houses.
Effortless To Clean
Cleaning a humidifier can be tough. If you want to make things much easier, you should buy the AirCare MA1201 Humidifier. It is really one of the easiest in terms of cleaning and maintenance. It features an evaporative wick, which is going to trap mineral deposits. Plus, you do not have to worry about any wheels, belts or pulleys. The system is very convenient so you won’t spend hours and hours maintaining it.
You’re also going to love the mobility of this unit. It is equipped with wheels at the bottom. After you’ve got it out of the box and everything is assembled, you’re not going to have any problem moving it from location to location. Just push it around and it’ll go where you need it to.
Automatic Shut Off
Another wonderful thing about this humidifier is the fact that it features an automatic shut off. That will make a big difference. After all, you do not want to be required to get up and change the humidifier’s settings when the desired humidity has been obtained. With this humidifier, you won’t have to. It’ll automatically do it for you.
The AirCare MA1201 Humidifier is great, but the filters can be pretty expensive. Plus, you’re going to be changing them out pretty regularly. Otherwise, this one is worth checking out on your own.
3. AirCare MA0800 Digital Whole House Humidifier
- Digital Controls with Auto Humidistat
- 3-Speed Motor with Quiet Nighttime Setting
- Automatically Shuts Off When Desired Humidity Level is Reached or When Unit is Empty
- Can be used day and night
- Features several indicators for easier maintenance
- Will shut off automatically when correct humidity is acquired
- Can accommodate spaces up to 2,600 square foot
- The water tank is easy to refill
- Equipped with a three-speed motor
- Very affordable
- Needs to be refilled a lot
If you happen to live in a smaller house or apartment, you will want to spend a few minutes learning about the AirCare MA0800. This is one of the cheapest whole house humidifiers on the planet. Just remember that it is not going to be right for all homes. After all, it is much smaller and less powerful than many of the alternatives. Of course, it is also much cheaper too. Therefore, this one will make a good investment as long as it is going to be able to accommodate your entire house. This humidifier’s features will be explored in greater depth below.
Shuts Off Automatically
Some humidifiers require more effort on your end. This will not be the case with the AirCare MA0800. This is really one of the most convenient humidifiers on the market. After all, it is equipped with an automatic shut off feature. Once the desired humidity has been reached, the system will trigger and shut off. This prevents you from getting up and doing it manually.
Another great thing about the AirCare MA0800 is the indicators. With a lot of humidifiers, you have to check everything manually. With this one, you won’t need to. You just need to pay close attention to the indicators. They’re going to tell you when you need to refill the water and check the filter. This can make maintaining this specific unit so much easier. Just do what the machine tells you to do and you’ll be just fine.
It is no secret that many humidifiers are too loud to use at night. If you tried to use them after the lights go out, they would keep you up. The AirCare MA0800 isn’t the quietest unit out there. However, it does feature a quiet nighttime setting. When you switch over to this setting, the noise level will dip significantly. This will allow you to continue using the humidifier throughout the night.
Since this humidifier is so small and compact, it cannot hold a lot of water. Therefore, you will likely find yourself refilling it every single day. That can be a hassle, but it shouldn’t be considered a deal breaker. Despite this minor inconvenience, this humidifier is still great.
4. AirCare Digital Nutmeg Whole House Humidifier
- Digital humidistat automatically maintains your desired humidity level with digital accuracy
- Easy Front Fill Pour-In Design - no tanks to carry.Assembled product dimensions (L x W x H) 17.60 x 17.60 x 27.50 Inches
- 9 fan speeds allows you to select your ideal performance level
- Will save energy and money
- Equipped with a digital humidistat
- Very accurate
- Weighs just 27 pounds
- Looks amazing
- You’re protected by a 2-year warranty
- Up to 2,400 square foot
- Some fan speeds are too loud
- Not suitable for all homes
A lot of humidifiers are downright ugly. In fact, they’re going to create an eyesore in your home. This is likely something that you want to avoid. This is one of the very reasons that the AirCare Digital Humidifier is so popular. It might be a little more expensive, but it is going to be a great addition to your home. It looks amazing and it should be able to accommodate many smaller homes and all apartments. Below, you’re going to learn a great deal more about this unit and its numerous benefits.
Two Color Styles
First, you’ll want to take a look at the style and appearance of the AirCare Pedestal Humidifier. It is much sleeker than the alternatives. It is available in two styles. You can choose between nutmeg and espresso. Both look great. In fact, it is safe to say that this is one of the most stylish humidifiers on the planet. It can enhance the appearance of pretty much any room.
It is also great that this humidifier is equipped with a digital humidistat. That will make a huge difference. It is going to ensure that the right humidity is maintained at all times. Plus, you can guarantee that it is going to be accurate. This machine is really efficient and effective.
This machine is equipped with 9 span speeds. That gives you the ability to optimize its performance at any point in time. You can slow it down in the middle of the night to decrease the volume and vice versa. Either way, you’re always going to have plenty of options to play around with.
Finally, you should understand that this humidifier is going to save you money. On average, it will save you around 3% on your energy bill for every 1 or 2 degrees that you’re able to reduce your thermostat. Suffice to say, this unit is ultimately going to pay for itself over a period of time.
The AirCare Digital Humidifier will make a great addition to pretty much any home. It looks amazing and it won’t break the bank. If you want to enhance your home’s appearance, this is the humidifier for you.
5. Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier
- MULTI-ROOM COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER: Need a humidifier for large rooms? Want to add moisture to your whole house? This 3 gallon, easy fill humidifier console with a humidistat & auto shut-off can help control humidity in your home. It runs for 24 hrs. on low
- FILTERED COOL MOISTURE: Evaporative Technology blows moisture off a wicking filter, helping it evaporative into the air quickly. It's not possible to over-humidify with evaporative technology because you can't add more moisture to the air than it can hold
- HONEYWELL HUMIDIFIERS: Humidity levels in your home between 40-60% can make the air feel warmer & improve your breathing comfort, sleeping, nasal congestion & dry skin. Dry air can cause static electricity, damage wooden furniture & irritate health issues
- Will make your home’s air healthier
- Features an adjustable humidity control
- Suitable for multiple ruins
- Can be used 24 hours per each filling
- Pretty quiet
- Suitable for up to 2,300 square foot
- Dual tanks make everything easier
- Filling the tank can be difficult
- Replacement filters are bad
There are lots of great humidifiers out there. Nevertheless, you can pretty much guarantee that you’re not going to lose with Honeywell. The company is great and their products work amazingly. This is definitely the case with the Honeywell Cool Moisture Console Humidifier. This one is moderately priced and it’ll deliver a big bang for the buck. Below, you’ll learn all about this humidifier and the reasons it might be the best whole house humidifier on the market.
Runs Around The Clock
This humidifier can hold 3 gallons. It is also very easy to fill. Plus, it has plenty of features that make it a good option for people who want to run the unit around the clock. You can pretty much keep this humidifier running 24 hours a day. Just remember that you’ll need to run it on low. That should still be sufficient for most houses.
Better For You
This Honeywell Humidifier is going to make your home’s air so much better for you. It is capable of keeping the humidity levels between 40 and 60%. In return, this will make your home feel so much warmer. And, it is going to make it much easier for you to breathe. If you’re having difficulty breathing or your skin is too dry, you’ll find that this humidifier is going to help significantly.
Great For Many Homes
It should be noted that this humidifier is not going to be suitable for all homes. After all, it is only capable of supporting up to 2,300 square foot. Nevertheless, it is going to make a great investment for many individuals. People living in a small home, condo or apartment will absolutely love this specific humidifier.
Finally, this unit offers an adjustable humidity controller. There are multiple output settings too. Either way, you can guarantee that you’re always going to maintain control over this unit and its performance. Just adjust the settings until you get what you’re after.
The replacement filters for this unit can be tough to find and to use. Nevertheless, this humidifier is definitely a good investment. It is affordable, fairly quiet and efficient. For these reasons, it is well worth checking out in much greater detail right now.