Table of Contents
- Top 5 Golf Clubs For The Money.
- 1. Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set
- 2. Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf Set
- 3. Nitro Golf – Ladies Blaster 15 Piece Complete Set With Bag
- 4. PROSIMMON Golf X9 V2 Gold Club Set
- 5. Wilson Golf Ultra Men’s 9-Club Set W/Bag
- What To Consider Before Buying The Best Golf Clubs?
If you have ever hit up the local sports store or did a quick search for golf clubs online there is a good chance that you found yourself overwhelmed with the various options. Don’t worry because you are not the only one. There certainly is no denying that there are tons of viable options out there. When you couple this with the fact that golf is a sport that is hard enough to learn on its own, this is enough to deter one from even trying to learn the sport.
Top 5 Golf Clubs For The Money.
Of course, buying the golf sets for beginners doesn’t have to be that difficult as long as you go in with the right information and game plan. Sure, there are tons of things that you will have to consider like the manufacturer of the clubs, the size of the clubs, and the materials that the clubs are constructed of, but the process doesn’t have to be a futile one. With the right information and game plan, you can even make shopping for the best golf drivers more enjoyable and pleasurable that imaginable.
1. Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set
The Callaway Men’s Strata Golf Set is a complete 12-piece set that features a driver, a fairway wood, a hybrid, 4 irons, a wedge, a putter, lightweight stand bang, and 2 headcovers. With this complete set, you are not only literally getting everything that you need, but you are also getting more. The bag will make transportation of the clubs easier than ever, while the headcovers will ensure that your most precious sets stay cover and protected when not in use.
- Driver & 3 Wood: Woods have a forgiving sweet spot and a graphite shaft for exceptional distance (2 clubs & 2 headcovers)
- Hybrid (5H): Designed for versatility and forgiveness on shots where you would usually hit a difficult long iron (1 club)
460cc Forged Driver
If you are going to at least attempt learning the game of golf, you are going to need one of the best golf drivers for beginners. Your driver is your starting club. It is the one that can determine whether you end up on the greenway or fairway. And, this is just one of the things that make the Callaway set amazing. The 460cc driver included within the set has a large sweet spot that provides more overall forgiveness. With this driver, even the most novice of players won’t have a problem ripping the ball right off the tee for an amazing drive.
Stainless Steel Irons
Whether you are shopping for the women’s golf shoes or a suitable set of most forgiveness irons, you always want to choose a set that provides durability and reliability. You will likely venture onto another set once you have adapted and perfected your skills, but this is something that won’t come quickly. It takes many people years and years just to reach an average playing level. This is why you will want to choose a set of clubs that will last during the learning period. Not only this, but there is always a learning phase with handling and using the clubs. The Callaway Set comes available with stainless steel iron, so users never have to worry about warping or damaging the irons during play.
- Includes nine golf irons
- Headcovers for the hybrid, fairway wood, and driver also included
- High-quality, lightweight golf bag
- Standard length
- Only available for men
- Clubs are not very stiff
2. Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Golf Set
It is just natural for a beginner to want to get out there and get started right away. They probably also want to enhance their game as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, this is something that comes easy. Going from a beginner to an amateur can sometimes take years. This is especially true when it comes to the game of golf. However, this is where the best starter golf clubs like the Wilson Men’s can help out.
- Super game improvement design focuses on generating more distance for beginner golfers
- Large 460cc Titanium matrix driver uses hot face and low center of gravity to launch the ball off the Tee
Designed For Distance
The Wilson Men’s Ultra Set was specifically designed to add overall improvements to your game by increasing the distance of your hits. The large 460cc titanium matrix driver included within the set features a hot face coupled with a low center of gravity so that player can launch the ball right off the tee. Not only this, but the other clubs feature larger than normal sweet spots to help improve the overall distance on swings. Learning to find that sweet spot will not only enhance your drives, but it will make you an overall better player because you will be more adept at finding that sweet spot with other clubs as well.
Putting is without a doubt a crucial aspect to the game of golf. Without the best putter for beginners, you won’t be able to get the accuracy or distance that you need to take the ball home. Luckily, the Wilson set includes an amazing putter that is just as impressive as some of the most expensive on the market. It features a soft paddle grip that will not only enhance your aim but your distance as well.
- Comes with durable stainless steel irons
- 460cc forged driver has a larger sweet spot
- Includes a handy bag with headcovers
- Doesn’t include a sand wedge
- Might not be suitable for taller individuals
3. Nitro Golf – Ladies Blaster 15 Piece Complete Set With Bag
Any time you are looking for beginner golf clubs, you want to make sure that you get everything needed to hit the links. And, that is exactly what this 15-piece set is offering. The Nitro Golf Complete Set comes with pretty much everything you would every need club and accessory wise. The set includes 10 clubs, a bag with a hood, and 3 headcovers to keep your most precious clubs protected at all times.
- 15 PIECE SET INCLUDES: 1 each-Driver, 1 each 3-Wood, 1 each – Hybrid, 6 total Irons, 1 each-Putter, 1 each-Bag, 3 total Covers, 1 Rainhood. This set is right-handed
- PGA CERTIFIED QUALITY Steel and Graphite for extra durability and strength. Recommended for 13 years and older. All levels of player from beginner golfer to professional golfer to elite golfer
Uniflex Shaft And Oversized Head
The driver is without a doubt one of the most impressive pieces in the set as it comes equipped with an innovative uniflex shaft and oversized head. This makes the club more than suitable for players of all skill levels because it offers low torque coupled with a high kick point. Simply put, with this driver, you will be able to hit the ball without worrying about losing any distance or accuracy along the way.
Low Profile Head
This is certainly not to take away from the fairway wood because it is just as equally as impressive. The club features a low profile head with a loft that makes it easier than ever to play from the tee or the fairway. You couple this with the uniflex shaft and you are truly looking at one club that can pull you out of a variety of situations.
The hybrid Nitro club included with the set was specifically designed to help the player get through those more difficult shots in the rough. With the balanced head, golfers will have complete control over the club and where the ball goes. This is certainly a feature that will come in handy when you find yourself in those roughs and sand traps.
- Alignment putter with paddle grip improves distance and accuracy
- Lightweight, ergonomic bag with a variety of pockets
- Hot face driver with a low center of gravity helps launch the ball off the tee
- Might not be suitable for shorter players
- Only available in a right-handed configuration
4. PROSIMMON Golf X9 V2 Gold Club Set
If you do a little research, you will see that the X9 set from Prosimmon Golf was one of the most popular beginner sets available on the market. Well, the new V2 just took those same desirable qualities and improved on them. The new V2 set is even more amazing that the equally impressive X9. The entire set not only features everything that you need to get out there on the links right away, but it comes with a deluxe bag and dual strap that makes it more comfortable than ever to lug your clubs up and down the fairway.
- Titanium matrix driver with oversized 460cc club head; 10.5-degree 3-wood
- 3- and 4-hybrids engineered to replace difficult-to-play long irons
Designed For Forgiveness
Probably the most impressive thing about the Prosimmon Set is that these clubs weren’t designed for pros that can send the ball 350 yards down the fairway at 120 miles per ur. No, these clubs were specifically designed for those individuals that don’t nail every shot. With more forgiveness and ease of use, beginner golfers won’t have a problem enhancing their overall golf game in little to no time at all.
Cavity Back Irons
Another noticeable difference with this set is the irons. The irons are nor your traditional hard, long style. They are cavity back irons, which are built specifically to offer more consistency, even when you don’t connect with the sweet spot every time.
- Balanced head gives complete control and accuracy in the rough
- Low profile head on the fairway wood makes it easier to play from the tee
- Uniflex shaft with an oversized head on the driver allows players to make longer drives
- Comes with a handy storage bag
- The bag doesn’t include a prop or stand
5. Wilson Golf Ultra Men’s 9-Club Set W/Bag
Wilson is a well-known name in the golf community. The brand is known for its high-quality golf bags, irons, and accessories. Offering both golf bags sold separately and as a set, beginner golfers will have a large selection to choose from. The Wilson’s Golf Ultra includes a set of nine golf clubs, bags, and headcovers. Everything you need to start golfing without delay.
- 9-club golf set comes complete with a driver, fairway wood, hybrid, 6, 7, 8, and 9 irons, pitching wedge, putter, bag, and head covers
- Right hand men's standard length on all clubs
The set comes with a pitching wedge, hybrid, fairway wood, putter, 6, 7, 8, and 9 irons. Each club is constructed from high-quality materials that endure normal wear and tear. These materials are very durable but also lightweight. So, you will not be burdened with a lot of weight on your golfing adventures.
The clubs are of standard length and right-handed. Also included in the set is a headcover for the fairway wood, hybrid, and driver. The headcovers match the golf bag design to ensure eye appeal.
The Wilson Golf Ultra Set includes a spacious, lightweight bag. The bag is designed from high-quality materials that are resistant to the elements. A shoulder strap is also included, so you comfortably transport the bag and accessories from one hole to the next with ease.
- Specifically designed for forgiveness
- Cavity back irons offer more consistency than the traditional designs
- Includes bag with dual shoulder straps
- Built on the ultra-popular X9 design
- Only available in a right-handed configuration
- Designed for taller individuals, as these clubs as an inch longer than traditional designs
What To Consider Before Buying The Best Golf Clubs?
Golfing is a very popular sport that both males and females enjoy playing. If you are new to the sport, you most likely have yet to purchase a golf bag and clubs. It is recommended for beginners to set a low budget for a golf set because you don’t know if you will stick with it or not. Fortunately, you will have unlimited brands, all of varying prices, to choose from. When it comes to buying a golf bag and clubs, there are several factors to consider. These factors include quality, construction, durability, length, corrosion-resistant, and portability.
For a golf bag to be functional, it must be large enough to hold all of your clubs and accessories. With that said, you will be spending a lot of time lifting and toting the bag from one hole to another. To ensure maximum comfort, the golf bag should be designed from lightweight material. The material should also be durable and water-resistant. Many manufacturers will utilize a material that is known as ballistic nylon. This material is a DuPont product that is guaranteed to offer an extended lifespan. Some manufacturers will opt for Cabretta or Denier instead of ballistic nylon. Both of these materials are high-quality and very durable. Be sure to check out the guide for best golf club sets for beginners.
Most golfers tote around their clubs, head covers, gloves, and other accessories. This is where a spacious golf bag will come into play. The main compartment should be large enough to hold all of your golf clubs. Additional pockets should be large enough to hold your accessories. In most cases, the manufacturer will utilize zippers to secure the pockets and front compartment. Pay close attention to the zipper design because it is an important security component. If the zipper is not high-quality and durable, it will break after a few short uses. As a newbie, you need to stick with your budget when buying the best golf irons for beginners.
Almost all golf bags are designed with a shoulder strap. The preferred method of transport for golfers is to carry the bag over the right or left shoulder. When the golf bag is full, it could weight anywhere from 25 to 50 pounds, depending on the type and number of clubs you have. Since you are going to be toting the bag around on your shoulder, it should include a shoulder strap that is wide, padded, and soft. These features will ensure maximum comfort and flexibility. Be sure to check out the best waterproof golf shoes during your search.
Is the weight of a golf bag important?
Yes, the weight is important. Since golfers spend a big portion of their time on the golf course with a golf bag in hand, lightweight design will be the best option. Heavier bags will cause discomfort and could potentially cause injury to the back and shoulder.
Is it better to buy a golf bag without accessories?
It depends on the brand and price tag. Most manufacturers will offer golf bags and golf sets, which includes the bag, clubs and headcovers. Depending on your budget, you may want to consider purchasing the golf bag as a set. If you have extra money to spend, then, by all means, purchase the clubs and bag separately.