The sun is shining, people are hitting the beach, and the summer trails are being hiked. This is a good sign that summer is here and there is nothing that says summer like barbecue and grilling out. However, before you start grilling you need to find the best gas grill under $300. Unfortunately, with all the stainless steel options and infrared designs, this can be quite the task. This is why it is important to weigh your options carefully and make your decision wisely. Below you will learn exactly what you need to look for when shopping for the best gas grill.
Consider The Warranty
When you are looking for the best propane grill under 300, you have to always consider the warranty. A good warranty is imperative, as it could save you a bundle of money on parts and replacements that should not have broken in the first place. Consider the burner warranty, along with labor and other parts warranty. Some manufacturers might go as far as to offer lifetime warranties on certain parts, but this might be something extremely hard to find with a grill under 300.
Removable Grease Tray
If you are a frequent griller, you know that grease is always a major concern. This is especially true when it comes to maintenance and cleaning purposes. A removable grease tray really can make the cleaning process so much easier and enjoyable. Instead of taking a rag and trying to wipe the grease from the tray, you can just simply remove the tray, use a water hose, clean the whole thing in less than five minutes, and replace it. Trying to wipe out a grease trap with a rag that is permanently attached to a grill can be quite the headaches and something you want to avoid at all costs.
Auto Start Ignition
If you are going to spend good money on the best propane grill under 300, you want to ensure that you are getting convenience and safety. Have you ever tried to light a gas grill with a match or lighter? If so, you know the process is not only dangerous, but it can be a hassle as well. Most of the time you either end up missing some arm hair or losing half an eyebrow. This is why you want to go for a grill with an auto start ignition. This will not only make the starting process easier, but it will make it safer and faster. Instead of spending five to ten minutes trying to get the grill fired up, you can just simply turn on the gas, hit the ignition button, and go right to grilling.
Large Even Cooking Surface
Trying to cook for a crowd can be quite the job. This is especially true if you are cooking potatoes, steaks, burgers, and hot dogs. You want to try to get most of the food done at the same time, which will be difficult without a plentiful cooking surface. Make sure that the grill you are investing in has plenty of cooking surface. In addition to this, you also want to check and see if it heats evenly across that cooking surface. Uneven heating will not only leave food half cooked, but it will greatly slow down the process altogether.
1. Black Stone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill
With summer already many individuals are seeking out fun and innovative ways to entertain their friends. There is simply no better option for entertaining in the home than by taking advantage of the Black Stone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill. This amazing 36-inch four-burner grill is big enough to host a whole block party, but that is just the start of what this product has to offer.
- NEW FEATURES - This unit comes equipped with Blackstone's new and improved side shelf giving the user a removable cutting board, convenient paper towel holder, and strategically placed trash bag hooks. PLUS Blackstone's new rear grease management system to help eliminate mess.
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 720sq inches of flat top grilling, this griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, potatoes, teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf, side shelf and the NEW side shelf with cutting board, paper towel holder and trash bag hooks.
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; This grill includes an easy start, battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- Four burners make cooking quicker and easier than ever
- 720 square inches of flat top grilling
- Cook breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Side shelving provides storage access to important utensils
- Easy to assemble and operate
- Built to last
- Grease drain might be a problem
Grilling requires more than just gas and food. It requires a lot and that is why the Black Stone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill comes equipped with side shelves. The side shelves give the user access to cutting boards, paper towels, and trash bag hooks. You literally have enough storage space for all the important stuff.
720 Square Inches Of Flat Grilling
This large and capable grill bolsters 720 square inches of unlimited grilling space, making it perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With the restaurant, flat style grill top you can cook eggs, pancakes, grilled cheese sandwiches, steaks, potatoes, or pretty much anything else that you desire. When you combine this with the large 36-inch design and four-burners, you are truly looking at one cooking machine that can handle a variety of situations with ease.
If you are in the market for a large grill that can accommodate a whole backyard full of people, look no further than the Black Stone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill. With its large flat cooking surface and four burners, you can cook up breakfast, lunch, or dinner in just a matter of minutes with ease.
2. Coleman Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE
When it comes to camping equipment and camping accessories, Coleman is a name that is without a doubt well recognized. The company has been around for years now and they offer a variety of different quality products. It is completely safe to say that the Coleman Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE is no different. With its lightweight and portable design, you can literally take this innovative machine on the road anywhere with you this summer.
- Portable propane grill ideal for tailgating, picnicking, and camping
- Delivers 20,000 BTUs of heat across 285 square inches of grilling surface
- Swaptop interchangeable cooktops allow you to switch grill grates out for griddle and stove grates (sold separately)
- Ignites without a match or lighter
- Heats 20,000 BTUs across 285 square inches
- Extremely lightweight and portable
- Coleman is a name that can be trusted
- Might not be large enough for big parties
20,000 BTUs Across 285 Square Inches
BTUs and flat cooking space are extremely important when it comes to deciding on a grill. And, that is why this Coleman grill comes equipped with the power to heat 20,000 BTUs across the whole 285 flat cooking surface. This will not only give you the output to cook up a variety of different tasty treats, but it will give you the power to do it with complete ease.
No Need For A Lighter Or Match
If you are like most tailgaters or campers, you are probably used to those old styles gas grills. You have to turn on the gas and then carefully light a match or use a lighter to get the burner lit. Most of the time you either end up losing some hair on your arms or eyebrows. Fortunately, that won’t be the case when you invest in this product thanks to the instant start button.
This Coleman grill offers reliability, portability, and dependability all in one little unique package that you can take on the road anywhere with you.
3. Char-Broil Performance 475 4- Burner Propane Grill
There is nothing better than getting the friends and family together for an old-fashioned cookout or fish fry. Unfortunately, with all the available grills on the market choosing one can be quite the headache. There are so many prices and features to consider. Well, if you want to make your quest for a grill really simple and easy, you need to consider the Char-Broil Performance 475 4- Burner Propane Grill. This grills literally has everything that you need and more to feed an army.
- 4-Burner, 36,000-BTU Cart-Style Gas Grill with 10,000-BTU Lidded Side Burner
- 475 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates plus 175 square inches of secondary cooking on porcelain-coated swing-away rack
- Stainless steel lid, handle and control panel add style and durability
- Cart style with two durable wheels
- Easy care and maintenance
- Removable grease trap and tray
- Two large cooking surfaces
- Four burners
- Assembly might be more difficult than intended
Large Cooking Surface
When it comes to feeding a large family or party there is nothing more important than cooking space. And, that is why the Char-Broil Performance 475 4- Burner Propane Grill is plentiful when it comes to cooking surfaces. It offers 475 square inches of primary cooking and 175 square inches on a secondary cooking rack. This is literally enough space to do all your cooking need. When you combine this with the two metal shelves, you pretty much have all the cooking and prepping space that you could ever desire.
Easy Care And Cleaning
No one wants to spend hours cleaning their grill after they’ve already spent hours slaving over it. This is why the Char-Broil Performance 475 4- Burner Propane Grill was designed specifically for easy care and maintenance. The removable grease trap makes capturing and emptying grease easier than you could ever imagine. Along with this, most of the surfaces can be easily wiped clean with a damp cloth. No need to go out and purchase scrub brushes and expensive chemicals that will only deteriorate the grill.
When it comes to a plentiful grill that has plenty of cooking and prepping surfaces, you simply cannot beat the Char-Broil Performance 475 4- Burner Propane Grill.
4. Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
Whether you are planning a family picnic, camping trip, or a tailgating party, you are going to need a portable grill that can suffice for all your needs. Thankfully, that is just what the Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill is capable of. With its lightweight and portable design, you can pretty much take this amazing little grill wherever you intend on going this summer. However, do not let the portability and lightweight design fool you, because this grill is tough enough to handle some of the roughest situations.
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box. Dimensions - lid closed (inches): 14.5H x 27W x 16.5D inches
- Built for the harshest punishments and environments
- Push button ignite
- 189 square inches of total cooking area
- Takes a long time to heat up
Built To Last And Withstand
What good is a portable grill if it can take some abuse? All that moving and transporting, you can guarantee that the grill will take a beating over time. That is just why the Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill was built to withstand these types of situations. The porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates not only ensure that you get all your cooking done with efficiency, but they can withstand years of use and punishment. When you combine this with the cast aluminum lid and body, you are really looking at one tough grill.
Assembled Out Of The Box
Who wants to pay for an expert assembly or spend hours trying to put a grill together themselves? Fortunately, that is something you won’t have to worry about when you invest in the Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill. The grill actually comes pre-assembled, so you don’t have to do any hard work at all.
If you were in the market for portability, dependability, and reliability, you would be mistaken to overlook the Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill.
5. Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
The Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop Propane Gas Grill really was built for convenience and on the go campers or tailgaters. The beautiful and durable stainless steel construction ensure that you grill will handle a variety of situation and offer long-lasting beauty that cannot be matched by anything else on the market. Stainless steel is one of the most durable metals on the market, and that is exactly why this company decided to use it in their construction of the Smoke Hollow 205.
- 205 sq. in. primary stainless steel cooking area 105 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel "U" burner
- Fold-able stainless steel legs; Uses 16oz. disposable cylinder
- Designed and constructed with stainless steel
- Foldable legs and handles make transportation easier
- Chrome plated rack
- 105 square inch cooking surface
- Has to be upgraded in order to use twenty-pound bottles
Easily Convert To Twenty Pound Propane Bottles
Upon the initial purchase of the grill, you will find that operates by utilizing one-pound propane bottles. While this is completely convenient it doesn’t offer the cooking time that most big-time tailgaters and partygoers are looking for. Do not fear though, because this grill can easily be converted to use twenty-pound bottles. All you need is a four-foot universal gas hose and an adapter, which is sold separately.
Durability and portability are extremely important when it comes to a great camping or tailgating grill. And, that is exactly what you will get when you invest in the Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop Propane Gas Grill. When you combine this with the beautiful construction and large cooking space, you are truly looking at a once amazing cooking machine that can handle any situation.