It doesn’t matter the type of generator you are buying, there are many different considerations that must be made before you make your final decision. While any generator will be a great addition to the home, it really is hard to beat a good dual fuel generator. These types of generators provide continuous power in a unique and dynamic way. A dual fuel generator is not only the best portable generator, but they can be utilized to power everything from air conditioning units to heating systems. If you are living off the grid or facing a major power outage a dual fuel generator can allow you to savor the wild without giving up your modern amenities. Of course, choosing the best dual fuel generator won’t be that easy without the right knowledge.
What You Need To Consider When Buying A Dual Fuel Generator
Dual fuel generators really are unique and innovative as they are generator systems that are capable of running off of propane or gasoline. When you are facing power outages or just need power off-site, you want to make sure that you have the very best machine for the job. There is simply no sense in investing in a machine that isn’t going to be able to power the items that you need to be powered. This is why you need to sit down and consider several different factors before you run out and just blindly by the first generator you come across. You can read any number of dual fuel generator reviews you want, but if you truly want to make the most informed decision, you need to understand what factors to consider.
The Power And Size
Power and size are two important factors to consider when you are shopping for the best propane generators. Most of the best models come in rather large sizes, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t get a portable generator that is capable of powering the items that you need to be powered. The main thing to consider is the items that you want to be powered. You need to make sure that the generator is capable of pumping out the watts that you need. If you are using the generator for off-site jobs, you will probably want to consider portability, as you will be taking the machine from job site to job site.
Fuel Storage And Temperature
When you are shopping for the best gasoline generators, you have to consider the fuel storage and temperatures. Gasoline is a popular choice when it comes to generators because they are overall more affordable, but the downside is that gas does not have as long of a shelf life as heat will make it evaporate. Propane, on the other hand, does not evaporate in extreme heat, but it will not react well to cooler temps. Anything below 40 degrees F will cause a pressure drop that might make starting hard. This is where dual fuel generators excel because you literally get the best of both worlds, but you have to consider where you are storing your fuel. Make sure that you store it in appropriate locations.
1. Westinghouse WGen3600DF Generator
- 3600 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 3240 Rated Watts & 4180 Peak Watts (Propane); 4 Gallon Fuel Tank (with Fuel Gauge); Electric Push Button and Remote Start
- Intuitive Control Panel Features a 5-20R 120V Duplex Outlet, an RV-Ready TT-30 30 Amp Outlet, and an L5-30 30 Amp Outlet
- 212cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine; Long Lasting Cast Iron Engine Sleeve; Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Easy to maintain
- Makes quick fuel changes
- Compact and portable
- Only capable of running for 12 hours at 50% load
The Westinghouse WGen3600DF Generator is, by all means, a unique and innovative dual fuel generator. It was specifically designed to combine portability and portable power with dual fuel technology to bring you a one-of-a-kind machine. The electric key fob and push-button start system really make the generator easy to start. There is no tugging at a pull cord. All you have to do is either push the start button or activate the machine remotely with the key fob. And, this is just the start of what this machine has to offer.
Camper And RV Ready
The Westinghouse WGen3600DF Generator comes equipped with a TT30 30A 120-volt outlet that allows you to quickly and easily power any recreational vehicle. The best part is that there are no additional adapters needed for this. All you have to do is plug in and you are ready to go making the Westinghouse WGen3600DF Generator the perfect camping companion.
Make Quick Fuel Changes
Maybe you want to power the generator with propane. Maybe you want to power the generator with gas. Well, with the Westinghouse WGen3600DF Generator it really won’t matter because you will have the option of either and you can make the change on the fly. You can even switch sources while the generator is in operation. If you are about to run out of gas or propane, you can easily make a quick adjustment and switch right over to the other fuel, so you get uninterrupted operation.
The engine in the Westinghouse WGen3600DF Generator is easier than ever to maintain and service. In addition to this, it comes equipped with a handy low oil shutoff switch and built-in fuel gauge, so you can easily monitor the device and never worry about damaging the engine.
The Westinghouse WGen3600DF Generator might be a smaller generator, but its portability and compact size make it perfect from camping and job site purposes.
2. Champion 3400-Watt Generator
- Dual Fuel - Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch - Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot.Noise Level :59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
- Ultra-Quiet Operation - 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts with up to 7.5 hours run time on gasoline
- Quieter than most other generators
- Longer run time
- Backed with a 3-year warranty
- Cannot be connected to larger propane tanks without making major internal changes
Champion is a name that people will see over and over when they are buying generators. This is because over the years they have become known for their quality and dependability. All of this will be pretty evident when you look at everything that the Champion Dual Fuel Generator has to offer. First, just look at the user-friendly controls. Everything is located right in one convenient place right on the side of the generator. The quick touch panel allows you to literally access every control right in one spot.
If you are familiar with most portable generators, you probably know that they tend to be a bit on the noisy side. Well, this is one area where the Champion Company has surpassed the competition. This unique generator is capable of operating at extremely quiet levels. In fact, at 23 feet the Champion Dual Fuel Generator only emits a 59 dBA noise frequency. It is this feature alone that makes this generator perfect for camping and tailgating.
3-Year Warranty Backed With Lifetime Tech Support
Champion is a company that takes their products serious. They are so confident with their design that they are willing to offer their customers a three-year warranty with lifetime tech support. That means within three years of owning this product if anything goes wrong the manufacturer will make the necessary repairs. In addition to this, after the three-year period, free tech support will be standing by ready to assist.
Long Run Time
The Champion Dual Fuel Generator is capable of running for 7.5 hours on a full tank of gas or 14.5 hours on twenty pounds of propane.
With the extremely quiet and powerful operation, the Champion Dual Fuel Generator is perfect for just about any power outage or camping need.
3. Champion 7500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator Review
- Dual Fuel - Operate your 7500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric start - Power up the 439cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge - Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals.1.5 Inch dia. tubular steel frame for protection and durability
- Cold start technology
- Easily monitor fuel consumption and maintenance
- Extremely powerful
- Adapter required for larger tanks
It probably doesn’t come as a surprise that another Champion made the list. Champion, after all, is a name that is synonymous with quality and dependability. If you were impressed with the Champion mentioned above then prepare to be blown away by the Champion 7500-Watt Generator. Right out of the box this generator is already set up for either gasoline or propane and it comes included with 1.2 quarts of oil. This generator is practically ready to go right out of the box. All you have to do is add fuel and you will be ready to supply power where it is needed when it is needed
The 7500-watt model is extremely powerful. With this machine, you will get 7500 running watts on the gasoline operation and 9375 starting watts. With the propane operation, you will get 6750 running watts and 8400 starting watts. In addition to this, the machine comes with a built-in surge protector, so you don’t have to worry about overloading the system.
Cold Start Technology
Sometimes starting a generator in cooler temperatures can be quite troubling. This is especially true when you get down in the negatives. This is why the Champion 7500-Watt Generator comes equipped with cold start technology. This technology was specifically designed to make starting in cold weather easier than ever.
Easily Monitor Output And Maintenance
It is more important than ever to monitor your output and maintenance when it comes to generators. You need to know how much fuel you have left and you need to know when the machine needs maintenance. The intelligence and onboard controls included with the Champion 7500-Watt Generator really make this easier than ever.
The Champion 7500-Watt Generator literally comes ready right out of the box with everything that you need to get power right away and it includes all the essential features that a dual fuel generator should have.
4. DuroMax Hybrid Dual Fuel Generator Review
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP12000EH is Powered by a DuroMax 18HP, 457cc OHV Engine.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 12,000 starting watts and 9,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Very portable
- Long run time
- Keep track of gas and power usage with the inclusive controls
- Weighs 269 pounds
The DuroMax Hybrid Dual Fuel Generator is certainly an impressive machine with a unique and innovative design. First, just look at the way the manufacturer designed and mounted the motor. The heavy-duty frame is connected to the motor at four different points, which fully isolates the motor mounts and allows for an overall smoother and quieter operation. This is something that your neighbors will greatly appreciate.
All-Inclusive Power Panel
Not only is maintaining your generator something that you must do from time to time, but you also need to monitor your generator throughout its use. And, the DuroMax Hybrid Dual Fuel Generator really makes this easy. With the full power panel, you get a low oil warning light along with a volt meter, circuit breaker, and power outlets. This is everything that you need to ensure your generator is always operating in top condition.
Long Run Time
When you are out of power or need power quickly, you don’t want a generator that is only going to run a few hours and die. This would be a useless investment and this is one area where the DuroMax Hybrid Dual Fuel Generator really excels. With this generator, you get 10 hours or run tome of propane at 50% maximum output and on the gasoline side, you get 20 hours run time with maximum output. This is pretty impressive when you sit down and consider the alternatives.
Extremely Portable And Compact
When it comes to compact and portability, you will not find much better than the DuroMax Hybrid Dual Fuel Generator. Sure, the generator weighs 269 pounds, which is rather heavy, but the machine comes equipped with two rubber wheels on the back end. Rolling the generator from location to location won’t be a problem.
If you are looking for a dual fuel generator that can do it all then look no further than the DuroMax Hybrid Dual Fuel Generator.
5. Westinghouse WGen7500DF Generator Review
- Gasoline: 7500 Rated Watts & 9500 Peak Watts; Propane: 6750 Rated Watts & 8550 Peak Watts; 6.6 Gallon Gas Fuel Tank w/ Gauge (Propane Tank NOT Included); Electric Push Button Start with Remote Key Fob
- Intuitive Control Panel Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Outlets and One L14-30 120/240V 30A Twist-Lock Outlet (Common for Transfer Switch Hookup)
- Plug-and-Play! Includes Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, Funnel, Tool Kit, and User's Manual - Everything You Need to Get Started Right Out of the Box
- Built-in fuel gauge
- 16-hour run time
- Includes a number of handy accessories
- Might have a problem starting in lower temperatures
You already saw this list mention a Westinghouse earlier, but the Westinghouse WGen7500DF Generator is just as equally as impressive and without a doubt deserves to be considered amongst the best dual fuel generators. First, just look at the rated watts. With gasoline, you get 7,500 rated watts with 9,500 peak watts. On the propane side of things, you get 6,750 rated watts with 8,550 peak watts. This is pretty impressive and capable of powering a number of appliances.
Includes A Number Of Accessories
When you invest in the Westinghouse WGen7500DF Generator you aren’t just getting the generator alone. That’s right this device comes along with a variety of items that will come in handy throughout its existence. When you invest in the Westinghouse WGen7500DF Generator you get a key fob, 12-volt battery charger, oil funnel, tool kit, and user’s manual. This is more than everything that you need to get started.
Three Year Warranty With Excellent Customer Support
In addition to all the goodies that are included you also get a three-year warranty that is backed with excellent nationwide customer service. Anytime you experience a technical problem or just simply have a question, you can easily reach the customer support and they will resolve your problems. All technical problems within the first three years will be covered from no charge under the warranty.
Large Tank Provide Long Running Time
With the 6.6 gallons (25-liter) tank, you can rest assured that you are going to get a long run time. In fact, you can get right around 16 hours out of this machine. Along with the low oil shut off and built-in fuel gauge, you can easily monitor your fuel consumption and maintenance needs.
If you are looking for a dual fuel generator that has all the essentials and more look no further than the Westinghouse WGen7500DF Generator.