Wireless doorbells are becoming more and more popular nowadays especially for homeowners who are fond of smart home systems and appliances. Because of its convenience and easiness to use, there is a wide range of wireless doorbell systems that you can choose from. But first, allow us to introduce you to how it works, how to choose one, and tips for getting the most out of it.
How does it work?
Wireless doorbell packages will most likely have doorbell transmitter and chime box receiver. You will install the transmitter just outside your house, or wherever you want to install your wireless doorbell. The transmitter will now send a radio signal to the receiver inside your house when someone presses the doorbell. You can choose a wireless doorbell system that will require replacement batteries or you can simply connect it to the main electrical system of your house.
Considering the fact that you do not need any wires in using your wireless doorbell, you can use as many receivers as you want. There are even some homeowners who tend to install receivers in garage or basement areas to ensure that they will be able to hear if someone is on the door while they are working on something.
What features should I look for in a wireless doorbell?
In order to make sure that you buy the best wireless doorbell for your house, here are the following factors that you should consider.
You need to make sure that the wireless doorbell system you are going to buy comes with speakers so that you can rest be assured that you will be able to hear it clearly when someone rings the bell.
The wider the range is, the better it would be. Make sure that it can pass through thick and solid walls by choosing a doorbell system with a wider range than other models.
Durable push button
Considering the fact that you are going to place the push button outside your house, make sure that it can withstand the harsh elements of nature such as storm and extreme sunlight. Do not buy poor quality wireless doorbell system because it will easily break down after a couple of months use.
1. SadoTech Wireless Doorbell
This classic wireless doorbell system ranges up to 500 feet and 1000 feet in an open area. It’s easy to use and install, convenient, and durable. The manufacturer is known to be producing high-quality wireless doorbells, and it includes useful features for better user experience.
- This wireless doorbell system is also used as an emergency paging device. You can easily contact your caretaker or loved ones if you are tied to bed and sick.
- It is easy to use and install
- You will never miss someone at the door
- Suitable for both home and office
- You cannot connect it to your main electrical system, requiring you to buy replacement batteries every now and then.
- 1 plugin receiver, remote transmitter button, anchors, double-sided stickers, screws, and batteries all included in the package
- Fixed code C series
2. AVANTEK Wireless Doorbell
This high-performance wireless doorbell system will help you to complete your smart home system appliances. It can last up to 3 years if taken care of properly, and it’s designed to be durable and reliable. It’s ideal for homeowners who are looking for a one-time investment for their doorbells.
- Easy to install
- Useful features
- Can last up to 3 years
- Longer hours service life
- The product has issues wherein it does not ring no matter how many times you press the push button
- 52 chimes to choose from
- 1312 feet range
- Memory function
3. Bodyguard Wireless Doorbell
This wireless doorbell system lets you choose from 36 chimes, it is durable and reliable. It does not cost that much, so it’s ideal if you are on a tight budget. It offers useful features that make it a better doorbell system compared to your old one.
- No batteries required for the receiver
- Easy to install
- One year warranty
- Waterproof components
- Issues with batteries
- 36 chimes to choose from
- Rated IP44 push button
4. Ring Chime Wireless Doorbell
You can easily connect this wireless doorbell system into your Wi-Fi as you wish, it’s compatible with Ring Pro, Ring Video Doorbell and Sticks Up Cam for better control of your wireless doorbell system.
- Easy to install
- Greater control using the smartphone
- Automatically sends notifications when someone presses the doorbell
- It will not allow you to access the system if you use the Blue Iris
- Control settings using the Ring App
- Do not disturb mode
- Plug and play
5. Ring Video Doorbell 2
This wireless doorbell system will let you speak to anyone from your door using your laptop or even smartphone no matter where you are. This is one of the latest systems that utilizes advanced technology for better convenient. It is compatible with Android phones, MAC, iOS, and Windows 10 laptops or smartphones.
- Speak to someone approaching your house even with the use of your smartphone
- Easy to install and use
- On-demand video streaming
- Wi-Fi ready
- Waterproof components for greater durability
- Compatible with Apple watch as well
- Monitor who’s coming in and out of your house
- Control the settings anytime and anywhere you wanted using your device
- Poor connection
- Lost connection especially in houses with thick solid walls
- Ring Video Recording
- Uses the internal battery pack
- Advanced motion detector
- Advanced security
Now that you know the top wireless doorbell system and how to choose one, you are ready to buy your own! Keep the aforementioned tips in mind and you will be able to pick the doorbell system that will suit you the most.