Breaking Down The Best Electric Mountain Bike Under $1000 in 2020 Reviews
Equipping yourself with the electric mountain bike will be wise. However, you should not make your purchase until you’ve read this guide and have learned as much about these products as possible.
Owning the best electric offroad bike will prove to be beneficial. Once you’ve bought this bike, you’ll be able to ride it anywhere and everywhere. You can go anywhere you want without having to worry about walking and you’ll reach your destination much quicker. Still, you should know that finding the best electric-assist mountain bike will be tough. Your options are plentiful so you’ll need to find the bike that is going to serve your needs best. There are numerous characteristics you need to consider.
And, you’ll want to read reviews for the best electric mountain bikes on the market. Within this guide, you’re going to obtain access to the information you need. After you’ve finished reading this guide, you’ll have an easier time knowing which bike is going to work best for you.
Electric Mountain Bike Comparison Table
1. Ancheer 2019 Pro Electric Mountain Bike Review
Do you want the best electric mountain bike for hunting? Well, the Ancheer 2019 Pro Electric Mountain Bike may suit your needs. This bike is great for many purposes so you can reasonably use it for hunting. It isn’t overly expensive. In all likelihood, you should be able to afford this bike and you won’t have to worry about breaking the bank. The removable 36V lithium-ion battery is reliable and it offers plenty of battery life. This bike features a 100% aluminum alloy frame. Therefore, you can guarantee that it is going to support your weight without any issues.
- Strong Body – The fork is made of carbon steel and the handle bar is made from aluminum alloy. This makes the bike light weight yet very sturdy. These metals can take heavy weights as well as rough terrain, and has djustable seat/handbar angle/stem's length set. thus making this an apt mountain bike.
- Brake & Gear Shift Systeml – With front and rear disc brakes and 21-speed transmission system, you can choose any speed according to your needs. The perfect brakes fully protect your safety. And the horn and the bright LED headlamp are equipped for night riding
This bike is a good option for situations when you need to hurry. At the maximum, it can travel at 15 miles per hour. It offers 2 working modes. You can use the e-bike mode to give your legs a break. Alternatively, you can switch to the assisted bicycle mode. This will give you assistance every step of the way. This bike is suitable for most everyone since it can support a maximum of 330 pounds. The dual-disc brakes work great. If you need to stop in a hurry, this bike will do the trick.
- Aluminum alloy construction is great
- Capable of supporting 330 pounds
- Battery life is excellent
- Pedal-assist is very beneficial
- Will be difficult to get replacement parts
- Customer support is dismal
2. Speedrid Electric Mountain Bike
The Speedrid Electric Mountain Bike is great for many reasons and you can use it for various purposes. One of the best things about this bike is the folding design. There is a good chance that you have limited space at home. While this bike is 26 inches in length, it can be folded. Once it is folded, you won’t have much trouble storing it away. This bike offers 3 working modes. You can use it as a normal bike or you can take advantage of the e-bike mode or assisted bicycle mode. You can pedal as much as you want or not at all. On a full charge, you can travel a maximum of 30 miles. This bike offers maximum speeds of 15 to 17 miles per hour.
- FOLDING ELECTRIC MOUNTAIN BIKE --- This bike can fold down in half and is a rare 26-inch folding mountain bike. Easy to store and put into your trucks.
- COST-EFFECTIVE DESIGN--- Double layer aluminum alloy wheel rim. Front and rear shock absorption. Mechanical front and rear disc-brake design and 21-speed professional transmission system. Cost-effective configuration for off-road riding.
One thing to note bike will arrive 85% assembled. This removes the guesswork and allows you to begin enjoying the bicycle much sooner. Simultaneously, it is protected by a 1-year warranty. This covers the motor, battery, and other parts. You can use the bike knowing that you’re going to be protected if something goes wrong. The 250-watt motor is very powerful. With this amount of power, you’ll reach your destination in a hurry.
- Can reach maximum speeds of 17 miles per hour
- Offers a maximum of 30 miles on a single charge
- Folds for easier storage
- Assembly won’t be too difficulty
- Pedal assist isn’t perfect
- Slightly heavy
3. NCM Prague Electric Mountain Bike
With a sturdy and lightweight design, the NCM Prague Electric Mountain Bike has more to offer than most mountain bikes out there. The sturdy, yet lightweight aluminum alloy frame gives riders the ability to easily dictate where the bike goes and doesn’t go. Including the frame and all the electrical components, the bike only weighs in at an impressive 55 pounds.
- Sturdy, light weight, easy handling: With a lightweight but sturdy aluminium alloy frame, the NCM Prague weighs in at 55lbs including electric components and maintains all the handling qualities of a regular mountain bike
- Optimized electric system: The Das-Kit 350W rear-drive motor, 468Wh DeHawk battery and Das-Kit L6B LCD display and controller form the electronic system of the NCM Prague. Each component has been carefully selected to provide top quality performance and will help the rider reach 20mph with ease. The display offers 6 levels of pedal assistance (or level 0 if you don’t want any help) and the E-bike has a range of up to 60 miles in Eco mode.
That being said, it is the weight that is the only impressive thing about this bike. Each electrical component installed on this bike was specifically engineered and picked by specialists to provide the best quality possible. In fact, riders can easily achieve a maximum of 20 miles per hour when riding this bike in the electric mode.
6 levels of pedal assistance give riders the ability to control just how much force they are and aren’t exerting. 0 will no assistance at all from the motor, while 6 will be the most assistance. This bike also boasts an impressive 60 miles in the Eco mode.
- Impressive lightweight design makes handling and transporting the bike easier than ever
- Optimized electrical system offers the utmost performance
- Can be customized to match the rider’s height and weight
- Smart tires grip to the road
- The steering wheel isn’t adjustable
- Some say the seat is too narrow
4. Merax 26” Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike
The Merax Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike really is unlike any other mountain that you will see today. To start off, it features a handy little LED digital panel that is installed conveniently on the right handlebar. Just simply engage the thumb throttle and you will be ready to take advantage of the bike’s electrical motor.
No products found.
From here it will just be the press of either the “+” or “-” button to increase or decrease the pedal speed. Users will have 5 adjustments to cycle through. 5 being the most assistance and one being the least amount of assistance. This bike also features an impressive Lithium-Ion battery that is capable of providing 28 miles of ride time.
In will take anywhere from 5 to 6 hours to achieve a fully charged battery, but you can get right around a 50% charge in as little as 3 hours. Just keep in mind that the charge time will depend on how depleted the battery is. The further it is depleted, the longer it will take to charge.
- Long battery life of 28 miles
- Works off half a charge or full charge
- Convenient located electric controls
- Choose between 5 different pedal speeds
- The battery charge time is dependent on the current status of the battery
- Some assembly will be required
5. Swagtron EB-8 Outlaw Fat Tire Electric Bike
It doesn’t matter if you are buying your very first electric bike or you have owned several in the past, the Swagtron EB-8 Electric Bike will serve your every purpose. This bike actually folds, so it is not only extremely portable, but it will only consume minimal storage space. And, this is just the beginning.
- Folding Bike – The single-fold design of EB-8 off-road electric bicycle makes it easily portable, able to fit in compact spaces.
- Pedelec Hybrid Bike – Ride with as much or as little effort as you want. Choose between 3 riding modes: full throttle, pedal assist, or pedal only.
After seeing everything that this bike has to offer it would be easy to say that the Swagtron EB-8 Electric Bike is the best folding electric mountain bike. The bike features 3 different operational modes so you can ride with as much or as little effort as you want. The fat tires also make the bike ideal for extremely rough terrain.
The battery design is superior when compared to many other models. The battery actually locks in place when the bike is folded. With this design, you never have to worry about removing the battery just to fold the bike.
- Easy folding capabilities
- Includes big flat tires that are great for all terrains
- You choose how much effort you want to exert (3 riding modes)
- Produces absolutely zero emissions
- There aren’t extra batteries available for this model
- Weighs nearly 60 pounds
Electric Mountain Bike Buying Guide
Buying the best electric mountain bike will not be easy. Nevertheless, you should work slowly to ensure that you’re going to make the right choice. After all, there are numerous bikes out there and several factors set them apart. To ensure that you get the right one of your money, you need to make sure that you compare the small details.
First and foremost, you should consider the storage requirements. Ultimately, some mountain bikes are going to be much more difficult to store than others. If you have limited space, this factor will be very important. You need to make sure that you have plenty of space in your garage for the bike. It will be easier to store if you choose a folding bike.
Remember that you’re buying an electric bike or an e-bike. Therefore, you have to consider the battery. This is one of the most important factors. With a poor battery, you may not be able to reach your destination. You might have to stop and recharge halfway through. Make sure that the battery offers plenty of use and that it can be recharged very quickly. At the very least, you should consider buying multiple batteries.
Ultimately, you’ll find that some ebikes are faster than others. You’ll likely find yourself in a hurry at some point. If this is the case, you’ll benefit greatly from a faster e-bike. Therefore, you should spend some time analyzing the bike’s maximum speed. The maximum speeds of e-bikes range from 10 to 15 MPH. Some may be faster or slower. For the best results and versatility, you should choose a bike that allows you to travel at 15 miles per hour.
You’ll also want to consider the assembly requirements. Will the bike arrive fully assembled? Or, will you need to assemble it? You can likely pay for a professional to assemble the bike but this will increase the initial price. Therefore, it is wise to choose a bike that can be assembled without a headache. This will ensure that you do not get frustrated and give up midway through.
Most e-bikes are protected by a warranty. However, you should know that some warranties are better than others. With that being said, you’ll want to choose a bike from a company that is going to protect you to the fullest. At the very least, the bike’s frame, motor, battery, and other components should be protected for 1 year. If you’re able to find a longer warranty, you should not hesitate to get it. Simultaneously, you need to make sure that the company behind the warranty is reliable and responsive.
Getting the most out of your electric bike when off-roading, it will need to have multiple riding modes options. These options allow you to switch from different modes of riding. For example, some riding modes on some models include full throttle, pedal only, and pedal assist. So, you can switch from manual to assist to full throttle without coming to a complete stop.
The reason people prefer riding bikes to driving a gasoline-powered vehicle is that it does not produce carbon emissions. Even an electric-powered bike will not generate harmful gasses that cause allergic reactions and respiratory diseases, such as asthma and COPD.
Why is portability is so important for off-road electric bikes?
To access off-road bike circuits, most people have to travel long distances. This means they have to transport their bike from their home to the track, which is where portability comes into play. For an electric bike to be beneficial in off-roading, it must be easy to transport.
How difficult are electric bike batteries to charge?
It really depends on the design. Some electric bikes are designed to allow their batteries to charge automatically. Smart battery chargers will automatically charge the battery partially or fully. So, the battery will be charged and ready for you to take your bike on an off-road excursion at all times.
What is an electric hybrid bike?
Electric hybrid bikes are extremely popular among people who enjoy off-road cycling. These bikes have a motor that is powered by a battery and pedaling. To extend the battery life, the rider can pedal intermittently. This will also make your ride feel more natural than when relying solely on battery power.
Are full front and rear suspensions necessary?
It really depends on your preferences. If you prefer a smoother ride, you will definitely want both full front and rear suspensions. If you are not so concerned about comfort, the type of suspension will not matter so much.
An electric bike has many benefits for people who enjoy off-roading. However, the design and construction will play the biggest roles in how well the bike performs in different off-road terrains. In order for an electric bike to be beneficial when off-roading, it must be portable, compact, have multiple riding modes and high-quality battery, superior suspension, and comfortable.