Table of Contents
There is nothing harder than getting in shape. It is a long and exhausting process. And, this is not to even mention the price of gym memberships these days. Well, if you want to get in shape from the comfort of your own home or apartment without breaking the bank, you can do it with the best elliptical under 500 bucks. You might be thinking, “what kind of elliptical can you get for under $500, but as long as you know what to look for, you can truly find a quality machine that will provide the results you are looking for.” That is exactly what you are going to discover below.
Best Elliptical Under $500: Comparison table
Choosing a Good Elliptical Under $500: Buying Guide
When shopping you must look for a space saving elliptical, you must look for one that offers adjustable resistance levels. Of course, you will probably be starting on the lowest level, but without the ability to adjust to higher levels you wouldn’t be able to challenge yourself and you would quickly outgrow the device.
Entire Body Workout
You will find that some of the cheaper elliptical bikes on the market only offer a lower body workout. In fact, the upper arms are completely stationary and don’t offer much of an upper body workout at all. This is something you want to avoid. You can easily find a more affordable elliptical that will offer movable upper arms. This will provide you with the ability to work the entire body.
Monitoring Your Heart Rate
It can be hard to find great technology installed in a cheaper elliptical, but luckily most affordable elliptical bikes do come with grip based heart rate monitors. This will not only let you track and monitor your heart rate from day to day, but it will let you know how you are progressing throughout your journey to getting in better shape. This device can even make your workouts more effective because you will always know where your heart rate needs to be in order to match your previous stats.
In order to better help you throughout your journey for a cheap elliptical, below you will find some of the best, cheap models available on the market. These models not only include most of the above-mentioned features, but some of them include even more.
1. Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
When it comes to performance, a compact design, and quality, you will simply not find anything under 500 better than the Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine. With eight different levels of resistance, you will be able to challenge yourself for the foreseeable future. Along with this the bike comes equipped with a high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel. This flywheel will not only provide the smoothest workout that you have ever experienced, but it will provide the most silent workout as well. This is perfect for small home gyms or apartments. You can literally watch TV and listen to music while you get in your workout without worrying about being disturbed or disturbing your neighbors.
- 7 Preset programs: 6 profile, 1 quick start
- High speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for a smooth and quiet workout
Preset Workout Programs
Keeping the same routine over and over can be boring and difficult. Fortunately, this is something you won’t have to do when you invest in the Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine thanks to the seven preset programs. These programs include hills, intervals, heart rate, distance, time, and much more. This will not only give you the ability to change up your workout from day to day, but it will make it extremely more effective in the process. When you combine this technology with the easy to read layout of the LCD screen, you are truly looking at one affordable elliptical with a lot of quality technology.
When it comes to affordability and dependability it really is hard to be the Schwinn name and that is pretty evident with the Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine.
- Includes three workout DVDs to help you get started
- Soft glide technology saves wear and tear on joints
- Compact and foldable design makes for easy storage
- 10 different exercises in one single workout
- 22-ounce water bottle holder ensures you stay hydrated
- Designed for the beginner and the expert
- 300 pound weight limit
- No LCD screen or heart rate monitor to track your progress
2. ProForm Hybrid Trainer
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer is a versatile workout bike that can provide the comfort, motivation, and unique workout programs that you need to get in shape. With sixteen different program apps fully loaded and ready to go, you will always have a variety of preset programs that will test your limits and have you feeling like a new person. These programs are tailored made from the beginner to the expert, so you don’t have to worry about starting somewhere that is going to make you feel discouraged. Whatever your current condition is, there will be a program suited for you, but that is just the start of what this amazing bike has to offer.
- Large LCD window, smr silent magnetic resistance, 16 digital resistance levels, soft grips upper body workout arms
- 15 inch elliptical Stride, target pacer, oversized adjustable pedals, Inertia Enhanced flywheel, water bottle holder
iPod And MP3 Player Capabilities
Who doesn’t love a little music or a good TV show while they are working out? Not only does this get you more motivated, but also it makes the workout so much easier. And, that is exactly with the ProForm Hybrid Trainer comes with both an iPod and MP3 player hook up.
Moveable And Stationary Arms
Whether you are in the mood for a full-body workout or you are just looking for a lower body workout, you can achieve either with the ProForm Hybrid Trainer. The ProForm Hybrid Trainer comes equipped with moveable and stationary arms. In addition to this, it also comes with a seat in the event that you are in the mood for a light workout.
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer really offers everything that you need to get in shape right from the comfort of your own home. With the sixteen different workout levels and moveable arms, you can truly test your limits each and every day.
- High speed, high inertia flywheel provides a smooth and quiet workout
- Eight different resistance level to challenge yourself
- Seven preset workout programs
- Easy to read LCD screen that tracks time, RPMs, distance, calories, and heart rate
- Transport wheel make relocating easier than ever
- Stride might not be comfortable for individuals over 5’10”
3. Body Max BRM3671 Body Champ
Body Champ has been in the fitness business for over 20 years now since they first opened their doors in 1993. And, there innovate and unique designs really shine with the Body Max BRM3671 Body Champ. The Body Max BRM3671 is a cardio dual trainer elliptical two-in-one exercise machine that can operate like a stationary bike or an elliptical trainer. It will put you through the ringer and test your limits every time you get on it.
- TWO IN ONE PATENTED TECHNOLOGY DESIGN provides versatile functions as both an Elliptical Trainer and Upright Exercise Bike
- HASSLE-FREE ADJUSTMENTS to switch from mode-to-mode and includes workout DVD to guide you through the exercises
Advanced Magnetic Resistance System
If you have ever used an elliptical before you probably know that most of them can be pretty hard on the knees. This is especially true with some of the more affordable models on the market. This isn’t only bad for the body, but it will make you not even want to work out at all. However, thanks to the advanced magnetic resistance system this is something that you can avoid with the Body Max BRM3671 Body Champ. This system provides a quiet and smooth ride that has very little impact on the knees. You will not only get a comfortable workout, but you can do it without worrying about disturbing your neighbors.
The seat on the stationary portion of the bike can be adjusted in both the vertical and horizontal positions so that you can truly customize your riding experience. You never have to worry about being too tall or too short, because you can adjust the seat to suit your specific needs.
If you want to get in shape in style and comfort, look no further than this elliptical by Body Champ. With their 20 plus years of experience in creating exercise equipment, they know exactly what the consumer is looking for.
- Moveable and stationary arms
- Includes a handy seat for light workouts
- MP3 and iPod hookups
- Sixteen different workout programs
- Programs are suited from beginner to expert
- Might not be compact enough for small home gyms or apartments
4. Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer
The Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer is not only an affordable piece of workout equipment, but it is compact and stable. It will give you an entire body workout that will have you in the best shape of your life in no time, as long as you are willing to put in the time and work. With its beautiful and unique frame design, this compact little bike will truly make a great addition to any home gym or apartment.
- Enjoy calorie-burning elliptical workouts from the comfort of your home
- Synchronized arms combine upper- and lower-body movements for a total-body workout
Eight Levels Of Resistance
There is nothing worse than reaching a peak that you just can get over. Well, thanks to the eight different adjustable resistance levels this is something that you never have to worry about when you invest in the Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, you will truly be able to test yourself and push yourself to the limit with this machine. When you combine this with the LED console that provides time, distance, speed, calories, and heart rate, you can truly always track your progress and move forward day by day.
Transport Wheels For Easy Mobility
Are you limited on space or live in a small apartment? Well, with the compact design and the transport wheels of the Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer that won’t be a problem. You can easily roll the machine into a corner when it is not in use and roll it back out when you are ready for your workout.
When you invest your hard earned money into a product, you want to make sure that you are getting what you are paying for. Thankfully, with the Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer that is exactly what you get. Upon the purchase of this product, you will receive a five-year warranty on the frame, one-year parts warranty, along with a ninety-day labor warranty
If you are looking for a quality piece of workout equipment that comes back with warranties, look no further than the Best Fitness Cross Trainer Elliptical Trainer.
- Seat can be adjusted in both the horizontal and vertical positions
- Can be used as an elliptical or stationary bike
- Advanced magnetic resistance system has little damaging impact on the knees
- Body Champ has been designed fitness equipped for the past 20 years
- One-year frame warranty
- Ninety days part warranty
- Twelve preset workout programs
- Includes DVD training guide
- Only has a 250 pound weight limit
5. Gazelle Supreme Step Machine
If you want to be able to tighten and tone every muscle group in the body right in the comfort of your own home, you have to consider investing in the Gazelle Supreme Step Machine. This compact and foldable machine can easily be folded up and stored under the bed or in a discreet location until you are ready to utilize it. This makes the elliptical perfect for small apartments or home gyms with little to no room.
- Tighten and tone every major muscle group in your body
- Smoothly transition from a slow walk to full run with no sudden stops
Soft Glide Technology
There is nothing worse than wear on the joints and there is some elliptical on the market that can be horrendous on the joints. Fortunately, the Gazelle Supreme Step Machine was designed to prevent these exact situations. The soft glide technology ensures that you get a comfortable and safe workout every time you step on it.
What is the point of working out if you aren’t going to tone every muscle group in the body? There is no point! Thankfully, the Gazelle Supreme Step Machine can help you get in the shape of your life with its ability to provide 10 different workouts in one single exercise.
- 90 day labor warranty
- One-year parts warranty
- Five-year frame warranty
- LED console monitors heart rate, distance, speed, and calories
- Compact design
- Eight levels of resistance
- Only a twelve-inch stride
- Some individuals have complained about squeaks