Badminton is a game that is enjoyed by many from all around the world. The only thing is that many don’t realize just how essential and important footwear is to the game. In fact, the footwear could be all the difference. It could be the difference between enjoying the game and not enjoying it.
Table of Contents
It could be the difference between succeeding and not succeeding. Unfortunately, running, athletic and golf shoes are not the same as badminton shoes. There are so many people that make this common mistake. This is why this guide was designed. It will not only include essential things that need to be considered when shopping, but it will also include a close look at some of today’s most popular footwear options.
1. ASICS Gel-Rocket 9 Men’s Shoes
When you first look at the Gel-Rocket shoes, you will see that they are specifically made for volleyball. Well, do not let this fool you because these shoes are lightweight and include properties that make them perfect for the game of badminton. In fact, the first and most notable thing about this piece of footwear is the lightweight mesh. It features synthetic overlays, which provide structured support and comfort.
- Traditional lacing closure for optimal fit. Molded-EVA midsole provide enhanced cushioning and shock absorption. Features a rear and forefoot GEL Cushioning System that offers shock-absorbing support at toe-off and offers superior movement and support through the gait cycle. Designed with Trusstic System Technology that reduces the weight without compromising the structural integrity of the shoe. Rubber and gum rubber outsole containing more natural rubber content than traditional soli
- Take your performance to the court with the ASICS GEL-Rocket 9 volleyball shoe!
You combine this with the foam-padded collar and tongue and you are looking at one of the most comfortable badminton shoes available on the market. And, it doesn’t stop there. There is also a cushioned footbed to provide even more cushioning. The mesh is constructed of breathable materials, so you never have to worry about your feet sweating or humidity issues.
Another notable feature that really makes the Gel-Rockets standout is the rear and forefoot GEL Cushioning System. This is a type of system that was specifically designed to offer shock-absorbing support for the entire foot. This also gives you superior movement and support throughout the gait cycle.
- Superior support and movement throughout the gait cycle
- GEL Cushioning System offers shock-absorbing support
- Extremely lightweight in design
- Breathable mesh
- Only designed for men
- Might have to order a size up from your traditional footwear
2. LI-NING Women Badminton Training Shoes
It really is the synthetic leather with textile material in the upper part of the shoe that should get most of the attention here. The combination of materials not only provides you with breathable properties, but it helps keep your feet cool and dry. And, this is just one of the many things that the LI_NING shoes have to offer. These badminton shoes come available in two different distinct colors. You can choose between the saga silver or the saga yellow.
- MATERIAL: Air mesh upper with synthetic leather overlays for increasing breathable, non-marking gum rubber sole designed for abrasion resistant and anti skid.
- TUFF TIP: An extra layer of reinforcement is applied along the inside front and toe area of the badminton shoe. This helps to help extend the life of the shoes and provide superior product performance.
The truth of the matter is that both are stylish and will work with any number of outfits. The EVA midsole was specifically designed to help reduce the weight of the shoe so that you don’t have to lug around extra unwanted weight. Another unique feature is the rubber outsole. Not only is the outsole constructed of durable rubber, but it features special grooves.
These grooves make the shoe skid-resistant and wear resistance, which is something that every badminton player can benefit from. When you invest in the LI-NING there really is no second-guessing because these shoes come along with an impressive 100% satisfaction guarantee. If there is something you don’t like about the shoes just contact the manufacturer and they will rectify the issue.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 3D bandage structure makes the shoes wrap around and feel better while providing support
- EVA midsole is light in weight, but also durable
- Rubber skid-resistance sole
- Only designed for women
- Only available in 2 color schemes
3. LI-NING Saga Lightweight Badminton Shoes
After seeing everything that the other LI-NING shoes had to offer it probably doesn’t come as a surprise to see that these made the list as well. That being said, the two should not be mistaken for being the same. They do share similar qualities, but this shoe was specifically designed for men, whereas the others were for women.
- MATERIAL: Air mesh upper of this Lining brand shoes with synthetic leather overlays for increasing breathable, non-marking gum rubber sole designed for abrasion resistant and anti skid.
- TUFF TIP: An extra layer of reinforcement is applied along the inside front and toe area of the Lining badminton shoes. This helps to help extend the life of the shoes and provide superior product performance.
Another noticeable difference is the color patterns. This model is available in several more color schemes. You not only have the yellow and silver, but you also have the green, blue, and orange to choose from. The two models do share some similarities. The first being that the upper lining of this shoe is also constructed with synthetic leather overlays, which increases the breathable properties of the shoes.
The men’s model also includes extra support in the toe area. There is an extra layer of reinforcement applied right to the inside front of the area area. This will not only help extend the life of the shoes, but it will also help with performance. Speaking of performance, the multiflex sole offers five pivot points, so that you can react incredibly fast when you need to react incredibly fast. The 100 percent satisfaction guarantee also applies to this shoe.
- Backed with a 100% guarantee
- Multiflex sole gives you five pivot points
- Extra reinforcement in the toe
- Synthetic leather overlays increase the breathable properties of the shoe
- Only made for men
- Might not suit individuals with wider than normal feet
4. Yonex SHB 65 Z Badminton Shoes
There really is only so much that a pair of shoes can do for you, but when it comes to doing stuff for you, the Yonex SHB 65 Z Shoes take it to a whole new level. These shoes feature a new power cushion construction that offers a new level of fast and light footwork. It will be unlike anything you have ever felt before. These shoes also come equipped with the patented Yonex Power Cushion, which offers three times more shock absorbing power than what you would get with a traditional badminton shoe.
- New POWER CUSHION ＋ construction enables a new level of fast and light footwork.
- Compared with urethane, the Yonex Power Cushion construction provides 3 times more shock absorbing power. When dropped from 7m above a Power Cushion sheet, an egg will bounce back 4m without damage.
The midsole is just as equally as impressive. It is tough and lightweight and offers just the right amount of support in those crucial situations. The rubber outsole doesn’t hurt the overall design of the shoes either. The rubber properties not only add to the overall durability of the shoe, but they give you the grip and traction that you need when reacting quickly on your feet. The plush leather design also adds to the durability factor but enhances the look of the shoe as well.
With the Yonex SHB 65 Z, you will not only get the performance and response that you need, but you will look stylish in the process.
- Features a plush leather design
- Three times the shock-absorbing power as traditional shoes
- Durable rubber outsole
- A new type of fast and light footwork
- Only available in one color scheme
- Only made for men
5. HEAD Men’s Grid 2.0 Court Shoes
Over the years, HEAD has really become a household name when it comes to athletic apparel and equipment. And, when you see everything that the Grid 2.0s have to offer, you won’t have any choice but to agree. The first thing you need to know about this impressive piece of footwear is that it comes equipped with both Head’s patented Cooling System Technology and its HyBrasion Technology.
- Great for any Indoor Court: Racquetball, Squash, Badminton, Pickleball, Volleyball
- Synthetic Leather Upper
The cooling system is an innovative and unique design that allows the shoe to maintain ultimate breathability, even during the most rigorous and trying of situations. It does exactly this by offering properties that absorb and release excessive heat build-up. HyBrasion Technology, on the other hand, offers something entirely different. It offers the utmost in durability.
The technology features a high abrasion compound rubber formula that was specifically designed to provide extra support in the areas of the shoe where high stress is likely. It simply provides more support to the areas of the shoe that are going to experience more wear and tear throughout the years.
- Designed and engineered to last longer
- Features Head’s cooling system technology
- Features Head’s HyBrasion Technology
- Offers superior toe drag resistance
- Only designed for men
- Only available in two colors
There are many factors to consider when shopping for badminton shoes. These factors include a warranty, construction, style, weight, ventilation, flexibility, and toe box. Below, you will discover a buying guide with those factors broken down to help ensure you find the perfect pair of badminton shoes for you.
To get the most out of your investment, the badminton shoes must include a decent warranty. The warranty should cover all of the interior and exterior components, as well as design defects. Without a warranty, you will lose your investment if the shoes arrive or become damaged after a few short uses.
The construction of badminton shoes is also very important. The construction will determine the durability and longevity of the shoes. If the construction is lacking in any way, the badminton shoes will not endure normal wear and tear. So, you will be forced to buy another brand before you normally would have. Pay very close attention to the construction to ensure you get your money’s worth out of your investment.
While the style will not have an impact on your game, it may be very important to you. Most badminton players desire their attire to match perfectly. Fortunately, most manufacturers have a broad selection of styles to choose from. So, staying coordinated and stylish while playing badminton will never be an issue.
While it solely depends on the player’s preference, the weight of a shoe can make or break your game. Some players prefer a heavier badminton shoe because they believe it is more durable and delivers more support. However, that theory has been debunked a long time ago. Many lightweight brands offer the same, if not more benefits than the heavier versions. A lightweight design will offer more flexibility than the latter option.
Ventilation will play a major role in keeping in your feet comfortable when playing badminton. To ensure adequate ventilation, most manufacturers embed mesh materials into their footwear. These materials are ventilated to allow air to flow freely throughout the shoe. This design will keep your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
To be competitive in badminton, the player must have 100% flexibility. Their attire and footwear must deliver a high level of flexibility, so you can move your body and feet freely with each play. Badminton shoe manufacturers utilize materials, such as synthetic leather and textiles to make sure their products are flexible.
Toe Box Design
The toe box is the area at the tip of the shoe where the toes are situated. The design of the toe box will determine the level of comfort the badminton shoe can provide. A narrow design may not provide your toes with enough room to move around when walking, jumping, and running.
What is the most commonly utilized material for badminton shoes?
Most manufacturers utilize a variety of materials for the construction of their badminton shoes. These materials include rubber, synthetic leather, and mesh. All of these materials work together to provide your feet a high level of comfort, support, breathability, and flexibility.
Why is the size of the toe box so important?
The toe box is the area where your toes sit inside the badminton shoe. The size of the toe box is so important because it determines how comfortable your toes feel when walking, standing, running, and jumping. If the toe box is too narrow, your toes will have little to no room to move around. If the toe box is too wide, your toes will not feel like they do not have any support.
Is synthetic leather a durable material?
Synthetic leather is the material of choice for most badminton shoe manufacturers. The material is very durable, so it will sustain little damage when exposed to normal wear and tear. Synthetic leather is also cost-effective and very easy to work with.
Are badminton shoes diverse?
Most badminton shoe brands are very diverse. They can be worn when playing badminton, volleyball, basketball, pickleball, squash, and racquetball. You can basically utilize them for all of your physical activities.
When it comes to playing badminton and winning, comfort is crucial. Not only do you need an outfit that will deliver 100% flexibility but also a pair of shoes that will deliver support, comfort, and adequate ventilation. Believe it or not, badminton shoes will make or break your game. With that said, a good pair of shoes will put you on a competitive edge.