Best Tactical Belts (Top Choice in 2020)
Tactical belts are primarily used to carry items that are essential to your own well-being or that of others around you during tactical situations such as camping, hunting, police work, search, rescue, or military combat. Such items include a CommRadio, ropes, flashlight, knives, or even a gun.
Finding the best tactical belt, which can carry such items without any issue, is no easy feat. Not only does it have to be reliable, but it also has to be tough to handle most, if not all, of the items without stretching or becoming saggy after long hours of use.
A high-quality tactical belt should is tough enough to handle situations where you need most of your tactical equipment, but it’s also stylish and good looking enough to the point where you can wear it during casual times.
To help you pick the right belt for your preferences, we’ve put together a list of we think are the best tactical belts out there right now, and we’ve made sure that all of them offer both the performance and the good looks needed, and they all come at affordable prices.
Comparison table: Best Tactical Belts for The Money
1. Klik Belts Military Belt
Constructed entirely of nylon, this tactical belt is very durable and tough. It has a width of 1 ½”, which alongside its tightly-woven-together nylon build, means that it can handle almost any weight.
- YOU'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BELT AGAIN! PATENTED WORLD'S STRONGEST BELT: Feel the power of Klik Belts made from the world’s strongest components. This DOUBLE PLY heavy-duty nylon belt is 1.5” wide, fitting most standard tactical belt loops. These tactical belts for womena and men are versatile enough for heavy-duty work, business casual attire, or crazy adventures.
- QUICK RELEASE COBRA BUCKLE: The 2-ply Cobra buckle has a lightning quick release. The adjustable design makes for a perfect fit every time as a concealed carry belt, military belt, work belt or nylon belt for all occasions. Equip yourself with the proper tactical gear to get any job done. You can rest assured a Cobra belt buckle can handle any duty.
Additionally, the belt’s buck is made of aluminum alloy, which makes it more durable and more comfortable than any regular belt. Klik Belts, the belt’s manufacturers, offer a lifetime warranty with their product, which alone is enough of a statement of how much trust they have in their products.
The only “issue” that you might face while using it is having to re-adjust it every 5 to 6 days. But other than that, this belt is one of the best tactical belts that you could get your hands on right now.
- High-quality aluminum buckle
- Lifetime warranty
- Durable and sturdy
- Affordable price
- It has to be re-adjusted every 5-6 days if worn constantly.
2. Hanks Gunner CCW Leather Tactical Belt
If you’re looking for the best tactical belt to wear casually, without a care or a worry in the world, you should consider buying this belt. Made using only premium leather, Hanks Gunner Concealed Carry CCW Gun Belt comes with many features. For one, it can carry both your holster and ammunition quite easily. The belt has a width of 1.5″ and a thickness of .23″, which grants it a spot among the toughest tactical belts out there, so when you have it on, don’t expect it to sag or stretch anytime soon.
- THICK & DURABLE GUN BELT - MADE IN THE USA OF USA LEATHER - 100% American - 100% Quality - GUARANTEED NO BREAK BELTS! Made by Skilled Craftsmen our USA made belts are here to stay. When you need a tough belt for CCW wear, that won't break the bank, this is it, the Hanks Gunner Gun Belt. Our solid leather belts will anchor your holster improving your ability to access your firearm.
- 100% FULL GRAIN LEATHER -ONE PIECE - NO FILLERS- These ccw belts will never split like some cheaper belts will - Made from 100% Full-Grain leather, the Gunner can take anything you throw its way and will continue to look great with age. Full Grain leather is the top layer of the hide which is the toughest part, making this concealed carry belt indestructible
In the eyes of the people around you, this belt looks like your ordinary everyday leather belt, which makes it a great choice for customers who wish to keep their work undercover, like detectives, for example. The leather that this belt is made of is 100% full-grain, tanned vegetable leather, which doesn’t sag or stretch after long use. Finally, instead of relying on snaps, the belt’s buckle comes with some, easily removable Chicago screws, allowing you to change the buckle of your belt easily if you feel like it.
- Looks like an ordinary belt (great for avoiding unnecessary attention)
- Long-lasting leather
- Great for casual, everyday use
- Lifetime warranty
- Takes some time to break due to its thickness.
3. Elite Survival Systems ELSCRB-B-SM Tactical Belt
This belt is designed for a multitude of different uses. It can be useful for something as simple as carrying your holster or flashlight, but it can also be quite useful in case of emergencies. It’s made of nylon and can deal with anything you put on it, and the way the webbing is stiffened makes it even stronger. The belt’s tensile strength is around 7000 lbs, which means it will carry most (if not all) of your gear easily and comfortably.
- 1.75 inch Mil-Spec type 13 webbing - 7000 lb. tensile strength
- D-Ring Cobra quick-release safety buckle by AustiAlpin available in black
Additionally, the buckle’s D-ring comes with a full rigger’s stitch that is rated at 5000 lbs. And in addition to having such an incredible strength rating, the buckle has a super quick and easy lock and release, a feature that many of you out there will surely appreciate. This feature also makes the belt the best tactical belt for search and rescue missions. In conclusion, this belt’s overall versatility and usefulness make it a perfect choice for a lot of soldiers and policemen out there.
- Quite Comfortable
- Can easily support guns and ammo pouches even if they’re heavy
- A solid and durable buckle
- Easy lock and release
- The buckle is a bit large for some people
4. Blue Alpha Gear 1.5” Cobra EDC Belt
This belt’s manufacturer, Blue Alpha, is renowned by a lot of people for producing high quality, reliable products, and this tactical belt is yet another proof of that.
- Hybrid COBRA buckle fits through belt loops unlike other COBRA buckles
- Two layers of rigid 1.5" nylon webbing
Blue Alpha made sure that this belt can take any heavy gear that you might throw at it without any kind of stretching, and ensured that it would last you a lifetime. Rest assured as your gun and any other kind of gear that you might choose to put on this belt will stay secure without any issues. Despite its renowned toughness, this Blue Alpha Cobra belt is pretty lightweight to the point where you can notice the difference when you put it on. It also features the famous Cobra buckle that comes with the good old quick release function.
Even though the belt is quite thick and rigid, it is very comfortable to wear, causing you zero issues. In conclusion, this belt is a great product that offers very good value for your money, which gains the title of the best tactical lightweight belt that is nylon-based. All these superb features gain this belt a well-deserved spot among the best tactical belts in 2019.
- Looks like a regular belt
- Made of high-quality nylon
- Rigid and durable
- You’ll have to remove the buckle in order to get the belt through due to its large size.
5. 5.11 TDU 1.5” Belt
Yet another nylon-based belt, this tactical belt features a reversible design and is highly recommended by us. Imagine any tactical situation or climate that you might face out there, and this belt is easily suitable for it.
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Complete your overall duty outfit with a tactical belt that's built to last. It features an ergonomic construction with nylon webbing that prevents breakage and pilling.
- CONVERTIBLE DESIGN - Engineered with an innovative design that can be converted into a tie down or secondary carry strap. Its quadruple-stitched reinforcements offer added strength and increased durability.
Further, the belt’s buckle is very easy to thread, and with the buckle is a Velcro locking system that provides extra security. At 1.5″ width, this tactical belt is incredibly strong, yet quite comfortable still.
Most of its strength and durability comes from its tightly woven-together nylon mesh build. 5.11 claims that the belt can carry up to 6,000 pounds. without the risk snapping, which is a great feat in itself. So, under emergencies, this belt proves to be a crucial piece, granting it a spot as one of the best tactical belts out there.
- Provides stability for carrying a pistol
- The buckle is made of a very durable and solid plastic
- Quite comfortable, can be worn all-day
- Strong nylon mesh build capable of easily holding heavyweights
- Reinforced stitching
- Belt comes in sizes that can be quite small for some people, so pay attention when ordering
Choosing the Best Tactical Belt – Buying Guide
What’s the Use of a Tactical Belt?
Some people out there, you included maybe, can question if such a product is worth the investment, and the answer is quite frankly yes. In addition to keeping your pants in place after you have loaded stuff in your pockets, the best tactical belt has a wide range of benefits for its user, these include:
Unlike ordinary belts, which the main purpose of revolves around keeping you looking decent while in public, tactical belts are designed to be useful. Their extra strength allows you to clip or attach things to them without the fear of your belt stretching or breaking the extra weights that are exerted on it.
Having one of the best tactical belts out there allows you to keep crucial items such as your guns, flashlight, and more within a quick and easy reach. Although this might be insignificant for some people out there, we would like to remind you that it could be the difference between life and death under serious tactical situations. If you’re stuck in a gunfight, for example, god forbid, and you don’t have that quick on access to your gun, then you’re most probably lost.
The best tactical belts that you can get your hands on come with several different features that are specifically designed to help you conceal carry your weapons without any issue. In addition to your guns, you’ll be able to conceal carry your knives, ammunition and such, in doing so, you’ll avoid any unnecessary attention during your excursions/work.
Although your normal belt is usually made for casual everyday use, tactical belts are designed to be used heavily, both in the literal sense and the temporal one. They’re usually made from rugged and durable materials, so whenever you’re carrying tools or weapons that weight significantly, you won’t have to worry about your pants falling for one, and the items for two.
Factors to Consider Before Buying
To help you pick what might be the best tactical belt for you, we’ve listed below what we think are the most essential factors that you might want to consider looking for when choosing the ideal tactical belt
Like most of the factors that we will be dealing with here, the material of the belt you choose eventually comes down to personal preference. It is a very important part of the belt, however, as it will affect how the belt looks and works too. The two most common materials used in making tactical belts are leather and nylon.
First, keep in mind that the leather used for making tactical belts is much thicker, stronger, and overall more durable than the one used in normal belts, however, it doesn’t differ that much when it comes to looks, so they can still be worn with regular outfits.
Nylon, on the other hand, is a cheaper yet durable option, which has high tensile strength, but the only inconvenience that comes with nylon-based belts is the fact that they aren’t suitable for office or any kind of formal wear.
Security is key for a belt for it to even be considered for the title of the best tactical belt. Such security is present in the form of the buckle, which is yet another important feature that you should consider when deciding which belt is the right one for you. While most leather belts usually come with a stainless steel buckle, nylon belts come with various kinds of buckles, including plastic ones.
Tactical belts come at different prices, ranging from very cheap ones to somewhat expensive ones. One thing that we appreciate about these belts is the fact that usually, you get what you pay for. As is the case with most wearable stuff, leather is the more expensive choice out of the bunch. Your will to buy a more expensive tactical belt should generally be based on how much you’re going to use that belt.
Rigidity & Width
The typical width of a tactical belt ranges from 1.25 to 2 inches. You should always check if the belt went through the loops of your favorite pants and trousers before even buying it. Rigidity, on the other hand, is usually found in belts that are reinforced with a liner, making them both stronger and more durable.
The best belt has a combination of both width and rigidity, which will give it enough strength to handle any kind of heavyweights and ensure that it won’t curl up or sag. In conclusion, having the right rigidity and width can be the difference between having a mediocre tactical belt and having one of the best tactical belts.
As we’ve shown above, a tactical belt is quite an essential piece of tactical gear to have on you at all times, especially in case of emergencies.
So, it is about time for you to pick one for an affordable price, as it’ll double as everyday wear and as a crucial tactical piece that’ll offer you a lot of conveniences when it comes to carrying your guns and survival equipment.